• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: More Gundam Seed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Twilight Dragon wrote:
Whats wrong with the Haros now?

What's not wrong with them? The only type of good Haro (other than SD Gundam's Chief Haro) is a dead Haro.
Twilight Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:14 am Reply with quote
Why, Just because they cont have bodies?
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:12 pm Reply with quote
They're annoying, that's why. When I was watching MS Gundam, I was half-expecting that one to go "Snarf" (wow, that's one heckuva reference ^__^; ) and now this pink one I want to use as a golf ball........with my aluminum baseball bat.
Fenrir

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Overall I'm not all that impressed with the Mecha Designs and the main Character design.s He looks way to much like Kira and The Impulse looks pretty much identical to the strike gundam. So far the art doesn't impress me hopefully the show will.
Blade_Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:24 pm Reply with quote
HAHAHAHA. Haro's!!

Well, they're kind of annoying at one point. Then again, it was funny at first appearance.

Fllay, I kind of hated her but she learned her lesson. I don't think SEED can talk to ghosts, so therefore bye bye Fllay.

Impulse looks like a mixture of Freedom, Aile Strike, Z, W's or G's legs... can't remember.

So the new character's called Shin.... I thought Kira had his hair dyed or drained out of colour when GENESIS fired.

Whose the girl in ZAFT's uniform with pink hair? Fllay the 2nd?

Is that a new leader in ZAFT's council's uniform???
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Blade_Phoenix wrote:

Not really seeing the connection here, aside from the fact that she's wearing stockings.

Blade_Phoenix wrote:
Is that a new leader in ZAFT's council's uniform???

Gilbert Durandal - After signing the Treaty of Junius (the Armistice Treaty) as the successor of the Temporary Council, he becomes the Supreme Chairman of the Council. He pushes forward with Clyne's political ideals and is deeply trusted by the common people. Currently seeking reconciliation with the Naturals.

Yep. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Abel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Blade_Phoenix wrote:

A new level of hotness.

I had been wondering about Shin since I first saw him in Nattu's Shin Tsuki no Kodomo doujin series for Seed a few months ago. These fan fic writers really do their research. ^^
Blade_Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:27 am Reply with quote
Then this should be very interesting!!! I do agree that Impulse doen't look dangerous at all, like a downgrade.

But if it's 50 eps series, then I'm sure we'll see a new gundam at the second half. N Jammer Canceller again???

Can I just ask, is Gundam SEED Astray aired yet or any Astrays????? I've been scratching my head for months. I've seen a screenshot of it... Sad but that doesn't tell me anything.
zaphdash

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:14 am Reply with quote
Blade_Phoenix wrote:
Fllay, I kind of hated her but she learned her lesson. I don't think SEED can talk to ghosts, so therefore bye bye Fllay.

Hey, she wouldn't be the first SEED character to survive being blown up. She wouldn't even be the second, actually...

Quote:
Impulse looks like a mixture of Freedom, Aile Strike, Z, W's or G's legs... can't remember.

When I look at Impulse I mostly just see Strike Gundam. Strike Gundam with a touch of Freedom in the chest (which is, itself, ripped from the Gundam Double X) and with God Gundam's skirt armor.

Quote:

As I was saying before, Flay wouldn't exactly be a pioneer in the "surviving explosions" arena, so I have my suspicions about Lunamaria Hawk.

Well, I don't really, because I know the real reason that she looks _exactly like_ Flay is simply that Hisashi Hirai is a no-talent hack who has no variety whatsoever among his character designs. Look no further than the whole George Glenn/Al Da Flaga mess (referring to the *many* fans who thought they were the same person because they look EXACTLY THE SAME) to see that.

Quote:
But if it's 50 eps series, then I'm sure we'll see a new gundam at the second half. N Jammer Canceller again???

Hopefully not, but I imagine that, yes, the second half Gundam replacements will be even more over-the-top powerful than Freedom, Justice, the fuglies, and Providence were, so the N-Jammer Canceller will likely be making a return. Although, considering everyone has the technology now, I'm not sure why ZAFT would even bother continue using the N-Jammers, since they're totally useless. But since Impulse is battery powered, it would seem that fission reactors are still impractical for most MS.

Quote:
Can I just ask, is Gundam SEED Astray aired yet or any Astrays????? I've been scratching my head for months. I've seen a screenshot of it... but that doesn't tell me anything.

Astray hasn't and will not "air" because it's not a TV series. There was a brief shot of one of the Gundam Astray units in the Invoke opening animation, and midway through the series, some Okawara-ized designs appear in the form of a mass production model Astray, but that's all in the SEED TV series. Gundam SEED Astray is a series of manga sidestories.
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:55 pm Reply with quote
zaphdash wrote:

Well, I don't really, because I know the real reason that she looks _exactly like_ Flay is simply that Hisashi Hirai is a no-talent hack who has no variety whatsoever among his character designs. Look no further than the whole George Glenn/Al Da Flaga mess (referring to the *many* fans who thought they were the same person because they look EXACTLY THE SAME) to see that.

I just want to say BRAVO! I can't stand the Hirai-character designs. Too bland, too repetitive, too ugly. I'd have enjoyed the show a lot more if they'd called up a Gundam veteran character designer like the Wing combo of Shuko Murase (characters) and Yutaka Izubuchi (costumes) or Char's Counter Attack's maestro Hiroyuki Kitazume.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Craeyst Raygal wrote:
zaphdash wrote:

I just want to say BRAVO! I can't stand the Hirai-character designs. Too bland, too repetitive, too ugly. I'd have enjoyed the show a lot more if they'd called up a Gundam veteran character designer like the Wing combo of Shuko Murase (characters) and Yutaka Izubuchi (costumes) or Char's Counter Attack's maestro Hiroyuki Kitazume.

If you guys haven't seen Fafner yet, man, wait until you see that. He made absolutely no effort to differentiate his characters. They look exactly like Infinite Ryvius and Gundam Seed.
NGEunit1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Has it been anounced that Rakus and Kira will not be continuing on to the Destiny series, or has it just not been anounced that they will be?
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:24 pm Reply with quote
NGEunit1 wrote:
Has it been anounced that Rakus and Kira will not be continuing on to the Destiny series, or has it just not been anounced that they will be?

We don't know. So far, the only characters that have been confirmed as returning are Athrun & Cagalli, with Yzak being strongly hinted by his seiyuu. More characters will definitely be returning, but we don't know who just yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Dave M

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:54 am Reply with quote
The Haros are the source of true evil in the various gundam universes. They secret implant giant roboic technology into the minds of innocent humans and cause them to engage in massively destructive wars using tactics which are idiotic over causes which are too shallow even to be worthy of killing household insects.

kill the Haros...
zaphdash

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:16 am Reply with quote
Craeyst Raygal wrote:
zaphdash wrote:

I might be in the minority, but I really wouldn't mind seeing Akira Yasuda come back again. I really liked the Turn A character designs. But really, if we're only talking about past Gundam character designers, anyone from any series is better than Hirai. Actually, if Sunrise is still planning a series for "hardcore fans" for next year (they mentioned it a year or so ago and then never really said anything else about it), I'd kind of like to see Yoshikazu Yasuhiko return for another show.

Zac wrote:
If you guys haven't seen Fafner yet, man, wait until you see that. He made absolutely no effort to differentiate his characters. They look exactly like Infinite Ryvius and Gundam Seed.

Wow, you're really not kidding. I haven't seen the show, but I checked out the encyclopedia entry and you can see it pretty clearly just in the little picture on that page. They're all just clones of each other. How the hell does this guy keep getting work?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3