• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy with Rob Bricken: Lum and Naru Narusegawa

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Crossovers have been a real hit in Japan lately so it's no surprise that these were made to celebrate the anniversary of the two shonen magazines. I've been eyeing them for a while now, but I really don't know the characters well enough to want to buy them. I know there was a similar set made of girls at a festival. I'll stick with the Shonen Jump crossovers myself. I probably don't need as many DBZxOne Piece figures as I have on preorder, but I find them hard to resist. There's also a DBZxOPxNaruto set coming that I preordered without actually having pictures of. Hope we see something before it's released. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Myaow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:52 pm Reply with quote
These are really cute!

I'm a little surprised that this collection doesn't seem to include any representatives from Shonen Magazine's Tsubasa-RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE- (ugh, capitalization), considering how inexplicably popular that is with all sorts of demographics-- or Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Sunday's Hayate the Combat Butler. I guess it's nice to see the more popular, "in" manga step aside for the older, completed series.

Personally, I think they should make a figure of Buff Manly Man Ataru from the fifth UY movie. Hoorah, redesigns!
minakichan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Fairy Tail != older, completed series.

These are nice... I kind of want one. What's the scale?
mulrich

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Tama the Turtle isn't a he. She's a she.
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:21 pm Reply with quote
I've got quite a few of these crane figures thanks to con dealers usually selling them for 12-20 bucks. A little step considering how cheap they are (if you're good), but quite the bargain if you suck.

The quality does fluctuate, but you can get some surprisingly well made stuff. I have quite a few nice SEGA made Asukas myself. They're nothing compared to the Gothloli Koto, but they're also half the price.

It never ceases to amaze me how well done some of the cheapo figures can be. Oh there are plenty of awful ones too, but that's true for anything.

These look nice. I'll keep an eye out for them. I still need a nice Lum.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Satiety

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Oh...gosh. That made me green with envy. I've always loved Love Hina series and Naru is my fave. So far, that's the only action figure (or doll figure <3) I'd want in my whole anime life Embarassed

I didn't realize they were still making some more old anime figures. Guess I should check this more often.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:42 pm Reply with quote
I can't stand love hina so I don't really like the naru one but I really like lum it's really nice and well made. Plus ten is a cute accessory.

If I see lum she might look cute on my book shelf seeing as I don't really have a large collection of figures and I can't really see myself having one. Only a few to complement my manga and anime Wink but these really caught my eye because they were well made.
Mistypearl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
also has some graphitti on her desktop which I utterly can't read.

I really hate to be the annoying spelling nazi that no one likes... but it's graffiti. I know, I would rather have it be 'ph' instead of an 'f', but not everyone can have want they want in life Anime cry

On a second note, I want to take those figurines home. NOW. I haven't even watched the serie(s). Darn you japanese and your fancy flying mach---- I mean crane machines!!
Rebot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:03 am Reply with quote
Quote:
have want they want

Smile
xmen510

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:24 am Reply with quote
Those look great. The only Love Hina ones I have are:

Mitsune Konno - 1/6 Scale
Otohime Mitsune - 1/8 Scale

Both are Cold Cast Resin Statues done by Epoch for Tokyo Mint LLC. They are both Limited Edition (600 Castings each only). They are the Pride and Joy of my Statue/Figurine Collection.
irishninja

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:44 am Reply with quote
Quote:
(oh, if only more Japanese toymakers would make figures of anime girls in school uniforms)

HAHAHA! Thanks for giving me a good laugh on a Monday morning.

Laughing

Edit: And then my fiancee pointed out that maybe Rob wasn't being sarcastic there. She said, "*I* wish they'd put more girls in uniforms, rather than in lingerie and open jump-suits."
RedHotFunk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:01 am Reply with quote
mulrich wrote:
Tama the Turtle isn't a he. She's a she.

Gidget would be proud;
I'd die to get my hands on Narusegawa; oh joy are the days of old where the lovely harem manga had me gleaming with joy and laughter!
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:58 am Reply with quote
Myaow wrote:
I'm a little surprised that this collection doesn't seem to include any representatives from Shonen Magazine's Tsubasa-RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE- (ugh, capitalization), considering how inexplicably popular that is with all sorts of demographics-- or Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Sunday's Hayate the Combat Butler.

Recently announced, guess who's teaching this class. Here's the other figure from the set, I have no idea who she is...

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1