• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Fields of Fire

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Pick it up Zin5ki,let me know how it is.It's an interesting technology.Bandai had a DBZ,first person fighter a while back.It was only released in Japan though.It's set up like the Wii.It came with two gloves that react with your hand movements,so you could quick jab,uppercut,double axe handle,and charge up for a Kamehameha.Pretty sweet,but we never got it.I suspect they could use the tech for other shonen titles,now a days

I see better uses for the maid game tech,besides molestation. Laughing But they gotta start somewhere right?
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:24 am Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
In XII,they went out of their way and gave you complete control of the characters,including yours.Show me another Final Fantasy where you can program every bit of the A.I.

You couldn't. Again, that is part of the problem. The gambit system was too poorly developed to give you any degree of real coustomization. If there had been more gambits capable of looking at more complex factors or if you had been able to combine commands to create "if X and Y" or "if X but not Y" commands, then maybe you would be getting a bit closer. Random example: If you could set a character to use spell X "if enemy's MDEF is less than PDEF" but perhaps in combination with "if MP > 50%". Also, if you could set some degree of moderation. Maybe I could set a character to use a spell or skill in certain conditions but only once and then use regular attacks for a while before using it again as to not go overboard. r better yet, use spells more frequently when MP is higher and less frequently when MP is low. It's not really total control if you can only use it to perform extremely simple tasks. For that matter though, even if it were total control, that is meaningless unless that control is over something at all significant. I can play with a piece of string and have total control over it but in the end all I can do with that control amounts to twisting a piece of string.

Quote:
Or you can turn off the gambits and do everything manually.The battle system in XII,is more complex than the previous games.

See, once again though, all you are really doing is just saying "the battle system is complex" without offering any kind of actual explanation. Give me some detailed examples. Tell me what specific features the game has that are so complex?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5