• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Monkey Punch's Ranma

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R.G.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:31 am Reply with quote
Do you think Cinderella Boy should be released in the states?

I can see it now : "From the creator of Lupin III"
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Eh... Cinderella Boy. I like Lupin, so I tried watching Cincderella Boy... and I couldn't watch more than five minutes for some reason. It was the strangest thing.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:42 am Reply with quote
The last reply was... gawd, five years ago? While necroposting is discouraged, I found some interesting facts to share, just in case readers of the news article were misled: contrary to common belief, the name of the male protagonist Ranma and his gender-switching ability came way before Rumiko Takahashi's Ranma 1/2: Cinderella Boy started serialization (note: link contains nudity) as early as 1980, while Ranma 1/2 started seven years later.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:56 am Reply with quote
See, Monkey Punch doesn't rip anything off!

Well, okay, Lupin III comes from Arsene Lupin which is sort of a rip-off of Sherlock Holmes (but from the opposite side of the law). And Sherlock Holmes is based on a real life person, Dr. Joseph Bell.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1