• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Simulcast Nisemonogatari Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm so glad this is being simulcasted! Very Happy I've been really looking forward to this one!
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:58 pm Reply with quote
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
I'm so glad this is being simulcasted! Very Happy I've been really looking forward to this one!

That was one of the "surprises" I was hoping for this season.

A SHAFT series being simulcast again? Perhaps 2012 really will be the end of the world. Smile
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:00 pm Reply with quote
It will be interesting to see how they'll handle the on-screen text. With Bakemonogatari, many subbers had to resort to overlays.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:05 pm Reply with quote
hopefully it wont be as overrated as bakemono was/is
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

Well unlike Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari only has 2 light novel volumes, meaning it has to stretch 2 volumes worth of material into 13 episodes. Shouldn't be hard since most series only highlight the major aspects of light novels and skip over details. This at least allows the show to dive deeper into certain elements that Bakemonogatari could not for its 5 volumes in 15 episodes.

@Zhou-Br: They'll likely literally post a huge note on screen or not translate it at all. The latter of course, will mean people will resort to fansubs as those shots are actually important symbolism to the show.
sillyriri

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

Well unlike Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari only has 2 light novel volumes, meaning it has to stretch 2 volumes worth of material into 12 episodes. Shouldn't be hard since most series only highlight the major aspects of light novels and skip over details. This at least allows the show to dive deeper into certain elements that Bakemonogatari could not for its 5 volumes in 15 episodes.

@Zhou-Br: I'm expecting a a wall of text to appear in front of my screen based on how CrunchyRoll has done things in the past. They'll likely literally post a huge note or not translate it at all. The latter of course, will mean people will resort to subs as those shots are actually important symbolism to the show.

Hm... I thought that Bakemonogatari only had 2 volumes too. It has 5 seperate stories as opposed to the 2 in Nisemonogatari, yeah, but it was still only 2 volumes; and I doubt the pagecount is that different.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Apparently this is linked to an Aniplex USA domain for the series. Looks like another $400 import release is in the cards. Mad
százlábú

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

This title as i see already overrated, but in other hand it can make harder to satisfy the high expectations. The producers try to squeeze out every yen from their light novel's adaptations. Laughing
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Great news indeed.
Just interested to see if they handle all the typical SHAFT on-screen text correctly.
If so, then I'm in heaven.

As for the Aniplex US rumor, if it's another typical import, then no thanks.
Give us this and Bakemonogatari, at least with the same treatment as Madoka, and then we can start talking with our cash.
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Guess I need to finish Bakemono then, now that this is being simulcasted Very Happy
Togame

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
overrated

Stop it already.
DRWii

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad I get to watch this legally. Hopefully this also means an official release for "Bakemonogatari" is coming soon (and hopefully for less than $200).
Quote:
As for the Aniplex US rumor, if it's another typical import, then no thanks

I doubt it. Those hideously expensive "Kara no Kyoukai" and "Fate/Zero" sets were both announced a few months in advance with a more-or-less simultaneous release with the Japanese version; the Japanese Blu-ray set for "Bakemonogatari" came out a few weeks ago, and still no official announcement of a US version, so it might not be as expensive.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Alright, that's one down, hopefully a few others on my list for next season will be picked up as well.
boredandlazy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

If it's anywhere near as awesome as Bakemonogatari I'll be a very happy camper. If that means you think it's overrated that's your problem not mine.
I implore everyone who actually wants this released to watch the Crunchyroll stream rather than a fansub, if Oreimo is anything to go by Aniplex take their streaming numbers very seriously.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Suh-weet. Really looking forward to this one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3