• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A Very Special Episode of The Click - November 8th - 14th

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Youkai Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm gonna miss you Brian.Crying or Very sad Sorry to hear that the Click had to close because of anime decline. Good luck to you. Cool
Lumicite

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:16 pm Reply with quote
AWwwww. Say it ain't so! For really, real, I looked forward to reading The Click and missed you when you were gone. I understand why you are folding up your tent, why you are taking your bat and your ball and slinking homeward; but still.....
Anyway, thanks for the fun. See ya, bye.
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:22 pm Reply with quote
No! Crying or Very sad Who am I going to complain about the lack of Transformers Animated/Bakugan/WhatevergenericKidsTVanime on Canadian TV Smile

Bye Brian Sad
I second the Answerman attack! When Zac's away, Brian will play... as Answerman!
marklungo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:37 pm Reply with quote
NOOOO! Crying or Very sad

I'll miss you, Brian. I'll be sure to check out your future writings wherever I can find them. I hope that in the near future, there will be enough anime on TV to justify a new version of "The Click".

P.S. What's going on with Thing of Things? The site has been down for a while now.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:45 pm Reply with quote
*weep*
danieru-san wrote:
The decline of anime on tv is depressing, and it seems to have claimed yet another innocent victim. I will mourn The Click's passing T.T

And thus we issue forth our inagural The Sky is Falling thread.

It does explain all the side-site promotion, and why it was left in on review. Why must the signs of destruction always be in large type, rather than highway billboard?

-- Bang.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:15 pm Reply with quote
It's a shame Brian had to leave without giving us some commentary on what to expect from Gundam 00 when it start in a couple weeks, after TTGL ends this week.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
x1onexwo1fx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Seriously, though. Zac is gone like half of the time, probably doing other stuff, and on weeks like that, Answerman is either all Answerfans or just doesn't even show up. As much as I love Zac's work on Answerman, it would be better if it was more consistent. Maybe if Brian did Answerman whenever Zac didn't have time to, we'd have a more consistent column AND more amusingly sarcastic replies to the questions.
the_seventh_l

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:30 pm Reply with quote
x1onexwo1fx wrote:
Seriously, though. Zac is gone like half of the time, probably doing other stuff, and on weeks like that, Answerman is either all Answerfans or just doesn't even show up. As much as I love Zac's work on Answerman, it would be better if it was more consistent. Maybe if Brian did Answerman whenever Zac didn't have time to, we'd have a more consistent column AND more amusingly sarcastic replies to the questions.

THIS. I hope Brian takes this suggestion into consideration~ Very Happy
boznia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:40 pm Reply with quote
RIP The Click, and good luck in your future endeavors, Brian.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:43 pm Reply with quote
x1onexwo1fx wrote:

This is actually not a bad idea. To defend my record, I haven't actually missed a week in months and there's only been 3 answerfans columns in the last 4 months or so. Smile
Dark Elf Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Gonna miss you! Good luck to you Brian! I know we'll see you again here at ANN! Sad Cool Razz
matthewlow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Tis a sad day to hear that a writer's column is going to end out of no control of his own, especially one I look forward to. I have you to thank to finding many anime on TV that I would have never otherwise found, not to mention the time changes in schedules.

I hope the wait is not long for your next column on ANN. And yes, you doing Answerman would be funny.
Seraphim_Alchemist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the great memories, good luck on everything ya' do Anime smile. I will surely miss the awesomeness of the click, but life goes on. Wink
NExclusive

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:40 pm Reply with quote
thanks for all the hard work brian,click pick will surely be missed...
ankoku22

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:15 am Reply with quote
It's a shame that The Click must leave us. Well, all good things must come to an end. Either that, or they drag on until they are no longer considered "good" anymore. At least The Click won't suffer that fate (not that I was ever expecting it to). This was a fun column to read, Brian. Best of luck to you with whatever you do in the future, which I hope would be that Answerman suggestion posted earlier in this thread.

Bang.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5