• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yu-Gi-Oh! and Shaman King Unedited Details

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:50 pm Reply with quote
yeah 4kids still heard the fans alright but they still skiped the first arc of the series Yu-Gi-Oh (which covered A Shadow Game Arc) and decdied to do Episode 27 of Yu-Gi-Oh: Duel Monsters (Duelist Kingdom onward)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Well, yeah, they skipped it because they couldn't do anything with it. That season is more violent than some other kids shows, there wasn't an ongoing story really, and it didn't help to promote the card games which is the only reason why the show was licensed in the first place so there really was no reason for them to edit it extensivly. Maybe if people show interest in the uncut DVDs they'll do a first season release, but don't hold your breath.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:53 pm Reply with quote
good point on that, but still my opinion on an uncut release should be episode 1 season 1 I know I'm picky on anime but I just want the whole series out here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Hey... acctually, I just remembered; are they gonna take out the uber crappy current theme song? =P

That would make it a bit more appealing I think. =P
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Animefan16

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Hope they dub Voice and Genki No Shower.
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:53 pm Reply with quote
don't know probably sense this is a FUNi release but who knows sense Yu-Gi-Oh is a 4Kids property.
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:58 am Reply with quote
I had to do a write-up of this story for Anime Insider. And even though I told the PR guy to send any pictures or things to the editor, he gave 'em to me anyway.

BEHOLD! CLEAVAGE! (SFW)

And sadly, he couldn't give me any info about uncut One Piece the last I spoke to him. Though it seems increasingly likely at this point, I'd fathom to guess.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Genbu no Miko

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:50 am Reply with quote
LordByronius wrote:
I had to do a write-up of this story for Anime Insider. And even though I told the PR guy to send any pictures or things to the editor, he gave 'em to me anyway.

BEHOLD! CLEAVAGE! (SFW)

Gosh, those 4Kids people are good on editing. O_o There are times when I find it hard to believe I miss what they edited. I really should find out what I'm missing when they cut. Embarassed
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:33 am Reply with quote
Genbu no Miko wrote:
LordByronius wrote:

BEHOLD! CLEAVAGE! (SFW)

Gosh, those 4Kids people are good on editing. O_o There are times when I find it hard to believe I miss what they edited. I really should find out what I'm missing when they cut. Embarassed

Well... I think if I stared at that unnatural creature any longer, I wouldn't really wanna know. =/
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:58 am Reply with quote
Genbu no Miko wrote:
LordByronius wrote:

BEHOLD! CLEAVAGE! (SFW)

*Takes high road* Yeah. The US Monster Reborn is really good. You can barely see the shape of the celtic cross.

Speaking of which, do you think we'll have the dub person and card names?
Genbu no Miko

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Shiki MSHTS wrote:
Hey... acctually, I just remembered; are they gonna take out the uber crappy current theme song? =P

That would make it a bit more appealing I think. =P

Personally, I think, why not? After all, if they go to the trouble putting the original dialog into the dub VAs, why not go that extra step (it's not even another extra mile)?
Genbu no Miko

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
Apparently, according to a press release thingy, the DVD's will have a new English track along with a subtitle track. Finally! We get to hear Eric Stuart cuss like a Sailor! About frikkin time!

Hmm, I couldn't find who Eric Stuart was the voice of. Is it Yugi/Yami?

I heard the swearing in YuGiOh was more like "damn", but maybe it's really more like "kuso"?
Animefan16

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:27 pm Reply with quote
He's the voice of Kaiba. I think he was also the voice of Brock from Pokemon.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Genbu no Miko wrote:
Joe Mello wrote:
Apparently, according to a press release thingy, the DVD's will have a new English track along with a subtitle track. Finally! We get to hear Eric Stuart cuss like a Sailor! About frikkin time!

Hmm, I couldn't find who Eric Stuart was the voice of. Is it Yugi/Yami?

The heinously overused Eric Stuart is the voice of Seto Kaiba, the Rare Hunter at the Duel Disk Shop, various unnamed hired goons, Brock Slate, James DeVries, The Planters VO guy, the JusTires VO guy, the Cingular radio VO guy, and several other unnamed peoples.

Genbu no Miko wrote:
I heard the swearing in YuGiOh was more like "damn", but maybe it's really more like "kuso"?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoot. I was expecting stuff like biatch and all those other good nouns. (e.g. teh s uck)
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Animefan16 wrote:
He's the voice of Kaiba. I think he was also the voice of Brock from Pokemon.

He was also Gourry Gabriev on the Slayers dub. As of yesterday I now own all of Season 1 of Slayers(Dub) on VHS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4