• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gonzo to Reduce Annual Anime Output from 8 to 4

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abstract-alchemist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully less titles doesn't mean less crap, but more good titles.

Strike Witches was a pile of shit that should be watched by no one and pissed on for even attempting to pander to an audience which should consider themselves pedophile roadkill. This title alone marks Gonzo has a shit studio; the fact that they aligned themselves with crunchyroll only makes them shitteir for it.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:19 pm Reply with quote
just another way to layout some people and cut expense.

with the current economy companies layoff people left and right.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:19 am Reply with quote
I want to be optimistic and say this will result in them trimming the fat and producing fewer anime but of higher quality. However, the grumpy little pessimist that lives in my brain points out that if they are in financial trouble it is probably more likely they will simply go for more low budget, low risk, cookie cutter cash ins. I guess we'll see.
edzieba

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:43 am Reply with quote
abstract-alchemist wrote:
Strike Witches was a pile of shit that should be watched by no one and pissed on for even attempting to pander to an audience which should consider themselves pedophile roadkill. This title alone marks Gonzo has a shit studio; the fact that they aligned themselves with crunchyroll only makes them shitteir for it.
Hey-oooooh! Looked at some screenshots and dismissed the series out-of-hand, didn't you?

Hopefully this means more Strike Witches, Blue Submarine 6s, Vandreads and Druagas, and less Rosarios or Linebarrels. But then again, maybe it won't. Gonzo's track record is nothing if not inconsistent.
zaeris

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:11 am Reply with quote

lol, I find it ironic that anyone would bash Gonzo's most successful title since the studio came to operation. If the market has any influences in the direction a studio will take (obviously money dictate) SW is going to have a sequel. You obviously don't like the series but you should consider the broader auidences that actually enjoys it rather thinking only of yourself.

edzieba wrote:
Hopefully this means more Strike Witches, Blue Submarine 6s, Vandreads and Druagas, and less Rosarios or Linebarrels. But then again, maybe it won't. Gonzo's track record is nothing if not inconsistent.

Blue Sub no. 6 <3
More Kaleido Star/Romeo X Juliet would be awesome too, and for artistry Gankutsuou/Last Exile series to show case their best in animation.
Tyrenol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:28 am Reply with quote
Hey. Not all anime companies can strike GOLD like KyotoAnimu does.

I'd say that GONZO stands a better of chance of being a maker of adult anime... But my main complaint with the anime industry is that it would rather beat up the males herein than find more creative ways to tell stories starring them.

So I'll just go on a per-title basis as oppose to being just another loyal dog to whoever.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:20 pm Reply with quote
zaeris wrote:

lol, I find it ironic that anyone would bash Gonzo's most successful title since the studio came to operation. If the market has any influences in the direction a studio will take (obviously money dictate) SW is going to have a sequel. You obviously don't like the series but you should consider the broader auidences that actually enjoys it rather thinking only of yourself.

Wait, what does Star Wars have to do with this? Laughing

Then again, I won't be surprised if there are sequels of that, since the prequels are over, and the broader audience keep dictating money into it.
Oh the parallels....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2