• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NIS America Licenses Brave 10 Ninja Action TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:47 pm Reply with quote
if they are going to take a risk on licensing a show like this before it airs, then I think they should take the risk and dub toradora, and release blurays of it. I know christina vee said she wanted to do teiga.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:28 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
This is an odd choice for NISA.

I agree. #1 because it's a super early license announcement and #2 because it sounds like a generic action show, which they currently have zero of in their catalog. Best of luck to them though.

I hope that this isn't a sign that they basically have all the older series that they wanted to release and are looking for current season stuff from here on out.

SpacemanHardy wrote:
.....Well that's one more series I won't ever bother watching. Mad

... Believe it or not, there ARE people in this world who prefer to WATCH their TV, not READ it.

Why even bring this up? 0% of simulcasted anime is dubbed while airing. You were never going to watch this or any other anime series to begin with.
chichiri_chan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I wasn't expecting NIS to pick it up, but boy am I happy! Honestly, this just made my day. Thank you, NIS! <3
agila61

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:

... Believe it or not, there ARE people in this world who prefer to WATCH their TV, not READ it.

Why even bring this up? 0% of simulcasted anime is dubbed while airing. You were never going to watch this or any other anime series to begin with.

I believe SH was responding to Sentai specifying that they will release a subtitled DVD "later".
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:32 am Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:

SpacemanHardy wrote:

I have one word for you Kurokami..... but I guess that it fits some where in that 0% of yours.

Also, I agree, if they are going to dub anything they should dub Toradora, since I heard it did well for them and this time they can release it on BD as well. On top of which they owe at least this much to Toradora, being as it's the reason anyone showed any interesting in them when they first debuted on the anime scene.

What is up with their statement saying that they will "release date, product details, and the details on the premium edition packaging at a later date." Why wait, if I can tell you right now that they will release it subbed only in a gorgeous yet too-big-to-fit-anywhere-and-needing-a-shelf-of-it's-own box, the only mystery is the release date which will be in the Spring Quarter of 2013. There you can now move along, nothing to see hear.
Nayu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:46 am Reply with quote
Interesting choice. Still waiting for word on Wagnaria second season. I think.
Dakaran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
ikillchicken wrote:
This is an odd choice for NISA.

I agree. #1 because it's a super early license announcement and #2 because it sounds like a generic action show, which they currently have zero of in their catalog. Best of luck to them though.

I hope that this isn't a sign that they basically have all the older series that they wanted to release and are looking for current season stuff from here on out.

SpacemanHardy wrote:

Huh, Gundam Unicorn ;p

I approve this move of NISamerica as they enter the simulcast market. They should licence Skip Beat! as well and a few action and comedy shows. I got most of their titles so far and I'm 100% satisfied with their choices. I only wish them to go on as they gain the edge they need in the anime industry.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3