• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Manhwa

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:11 am Reply with quote
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Real-Lies-v-Si-Young-Lee/dp/8952744845/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330247028&sr=8-1

If you can get a hold of this, do it. I just picked it up from the bargain bin in my local comic shop. It's a collection of sci-fi shojoish manhwa oneshots. There are some lovely colour pages at the beginning and it somewhat reminded me of Doll by Mitsukazu Mihara and X by Clamp. Plus it's only 1 volume so not too much of an investment. The stories have some interesting ideas and relationships, despite the fact there are androids in them.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:15 am Reply with quote
That's a great one! If you liked it and haven't read Nine Faces of Love by Wann, you ought to. One of my biggest regrets is that it's out of print and I can't use the whole book in my classes anymore.
defunctzombie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:08 pm Reply with quote
If you're into romance with a side of vampires (as in the sun fearing, blood thirsty kind), then I recommend Model by Lee So-Young. The art is fantastic, the romance is moving, and the heroine is very strong compared to other vampire love interests. This was my first manhwa and it really left an impression on me.

There are seven volumes (they were Tokyopop), but you can get them used for a couple dollars each. Amazon even has some remaining backstock, though they are most likely remaindered.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:40 am Reply with quote
Let Dai and Boy Princess, are a couple of BL manhwa. If you're wanting a long-running yaoi with a nice story, pick up Let Dai. I'm still slowly collecting this series.

Boy Princess is a a nice fantasy series with 9 volumes in the series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2