• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime on Wall Street Journal O_O

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcov

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:32 am Reply with quote
Interestingly enough, anime on the WSJ. And I thought it was only about business, money and stocks Shocked http://www.denkyu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4158 (w/ screenshots)
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:49 am Reply with quote
I should've taken Japanese in HS when it was free, but I was lazy. :( I hear Chinese is a bigger pain to learn though. Protip: Try using Japanese in a real-world situation if you're going to pay to learn it, not just on imported anime and manga.
ParaParaJMo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:38 am Reply with quote
This is quite an article. I did take Chinese this summer and it is hard. I wasn't really into it. A WHOLE LOT DIFFERENT FROM JAPANESE. Trust me on that. Grammar is more like English. But the characters (kanji/hanzi) have the same meaning, but the useage is different and only has one reading.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Isn't Yuki Sasaki from King of Fighters or something?

Just goes to show you that the revolution continues and that stockholders should take note. Great CCS pic, btw.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:28 pm Reply with quote
I especially like that "Up at 4am for Cartoons" part. I also think it's kind of funny they were talking about CCS, you'd think they'd talk more about series that are not licensed yet.
Sam.:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:42 pm Reply with quote
yeah i read that same article 2 days ago on the net at SFGate.

here is a direct link to it.

its just litte easier to read here than from that newpaper picture above. lol But it was a very intersting article. ^__^

Last edited by Sam.: on Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
Isn't Yuki Sasaki from King of Fighters or something?

Close, but that's Yuri Sakazaki. Wink

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jadress

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:07 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
I should've taken Japanese in HS when it was free, but I was lazy. Sad I hear Chinese is a bigger pain to learn though. Protip: Try using Japanese in a real-world situation if you're going to pay to learn it, not just on imported anime and manga.

Damn, my high school stopped offering Japanese the year I set foot there. Anime cry So, I took Chinese instead all four years. And yes, Chinese is much weirder than Japanese, to me. Tones, anyone? If only I didn't go to art school, I'd be taking Japanese right now!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
xjadedragon750x

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:37 pm Reply with quote
I don't think Chinese is that hard. But I think it's easier to learn Chinese first, so you know what the kanji/hanzi mean, and you can gradually substitute the pronunciation. Althought, that too, is hard.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1