• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Senki Zesshō Symphogear (TV) (5 seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Bango wrote:
I like how they're pretty much played the way the fans do, as in things like Mikage Takashi's Nanoha comics.

Except unlike those comics, this was actually funny.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:06 am Reply with quote
Senki Zesshō Symphogear GX (TV)

Season 3, Episode 1

That is right, a third season to our favourite musical action anime. We start with the attempted retrieval of the professor's body, which then goes wrong and has our heroines jump into save it and the crew. This includes dropping K2 to the third tallest mountain. And then we skip a bit so now Maria, Shirabe, and Kirika are on the good side, and the rest of the world ask for help from the organisation.

It is in general good to see all the characters on the same side, and we have some new things with an enemy that actually don't look like Symphogear. Second season turned out to be surprisingly good, so I am ready for more song battles and such. This episode had a.... trio song of Hibiki, Chris, and Tsubasa, which was pretty badass, and a song from Hibiki. I am excited for more, where can they take these characters next? Clearly the young looking witch character has a story, and there is other young looking character who looks like they are wearing Robin's cloak.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:49 am Reply with quote
At some point, are people going to realize that Tsubasa's collaboration shows end in disaster every single time and stop going?
Nyron

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:54 pm Reply with quote
show of the season easily

I never understood why this isn't more popular, it has everything a trashy low IQ anime could want

and i love it
Galap

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Is anyone streaming this one or will I have to catch fansubs?
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Crunchyroll muttered something about this title, but it was phrased weirdly as "beyond summer" and then changed.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Nyron wrote:
show of the season easily

I never understood why this isn't more popular, it has everything a trashy low IQ anime could want

and i love it

Japanese otaku love it though, it is among the top selling series of previous years I think. I guess it is like Nanoha which appeals more to Japanese fans rather than Western fans.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Symphogear is a product of shere love and enthusiasm and that really shines through. It began with a music producer gleefully jotting down tons of ideas he thought was cool and a writer friend of his put it all together. It's not high art or anything, but it's a damn good time.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:57 am Reply with quote
I didn't really understand what was going on in the beginning, but it sure was a fun ride. glad to see this return
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Symphogear is a product of shere love and enthusiasm and that really shines through. It began with a music producer gleefully jotting down tons of ideas he thought was cool and a writer friend of his put it all together. It's not high art or anything, but it's a damn good time.

I found it pretty fun how ludicrous it gets, specially in the second season. Girls shooting out missiles out of nowhere. And the show has a very computer RPG vibe as well, and I like CRPGs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:05 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
I didn't really understand what was going on in the beginning, but it sure was a fun ride. glad to see this return

A space shuttle mission recovered Nastassja's body from Frontier's control room. It had trouble during re-entry so the girls had to help it land.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

A space shuttle mission recovered Nastassja's body from Frontier's control room. It had trouble during re-entry so the girls had to help it land.

right, I had forgotten she was still in space.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:55 pm Reply with quote
That opener is amazingly over the top.

Describing what occurs would rob the scene just the unbelievable almost Hollywood action level of ridiculousness that occurs, and even that might be too much to describe.

As for the initial conflict set up, it is certainly worthy of the previous season's ep 1 establishments.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:27 pm Reply with quote
"And you destroyed our village because you wanted to recover... what?"
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Season 3, episode 2:

I'm going to assume those Arcanoise or whatever they are called are some sort of experiments that were built specifically to counter against the Symphogears. And so far, it seems to be working by the looks of it.

The new antagonists are pretty badass. We got one girl with a deadly sword, a dangerous blue girl who can kill with a kiss, and then that weird witch girl who seems to be their leader with big plans.

Hope to see Maria in action soon as Tsubasa and Chris so far has fought and performed quite well until that ending.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 13