• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bodacious Space Pirates (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:32 pm Reply with quote
That is interesting.

The main point, though, is that the overall sales on the series weren't stellar but were still solid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:44 am Reply with quote
Movie (Abyss of Hyperspace)

That is right, a movie, which I somehow forgot about despite back in 2012 I was waiting for it. Actually saw this through my source on the first of April, so I thought that that it was just a mean April Fools joke.

Good to see it again, it was very fun with pretty much every character. For movies based on series if there is a mysterious person to add and be saved by the group, such a character is usually a young lady. Kind of a surprise to me, with the cast being so female heavy, we instead got a young boy, and created some spoiler[nice moments between Kanata and Grunhilde]. Opening the movie up with the theme song was a given, still one of the most awesome anime songs.

My thoughts could be on un-realistic parts of showing the hacking or various other parts. But this series really does great in blending together the pirate and in general fun elements into the sci-fi. We had space pirates as well as its captain's friends spoiler[taking on a mega-corporation trying to heavily monotise on trouble of hyperspace jumps,] we got both sides of the series in a fun package. And I was not really annoyed with Kanata.

Actually probably a good point that I kept watching through the credits to watch the highlight reel of the movie, I think that I was quite entertained throughout.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:44 am Reply with quote
Once again we have a good or better-than-good regular season anime followed up by no legal access to the OVA, Movie in the markets where it was streamed legally.

I wonder how much money the anime production houses lose out on because they a) either don't follow up on the overseas distribution for some reason or b) offer only such odious terms those channels can't handle it.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:04 am Reply with quote
Has a fansub of this finally been made available? I have been periodically looking for one ever since the movie came out but could never find anything other than raws.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:07 am Reply with quote
yeah, whynot? finally got it done about a week ago
MysticMew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Oh, good to know I am not the only one liking this. When I mentioned it in certain circles around here, barely anyone knew about it. Such a shame.

Yeah, the movie sub was a very pleasant surprise (especially since it was basically right in the break between seasons) and I really enjoyed it. I honestly would like to see more of this series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm. . . I know what I will be watching now once the Preview Guide has wrapped.
SD17fullset

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm only on ep 2, but this seems to be shaping up as a sort of mashup of latter-day Harlock shows and Jubei Chan with the character dynamics of a magical girl series, and I am SO here for that. (And it's refreshing to see a show with so many teenage girls without a preponderance of panty shots, especially with a concept that could very easily easily veer off in that direction.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 27 of 27