• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Otakon 2004

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ranmah

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:13 am Reply with quote
I'm happy that so many of you liked the con and the concert. The concert was a blast and I wish it never ended. I had to wear ear plugs so I could hear at the end of the con.

I couldn't come to the ANN panel, I was shooting other stuff for Convention Coverage.

I'm in Taiwan right now and I don't know if I can attend any other convention.

seeya.

Ranmah
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Toboe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:40 am Reply with quote
Ranmah wrote:
I'm happy that so many of you liked the con and the concert. The concert was a blast and I wish it never ended. I had to wear ear plugs so I could hear at the end of the con.

I couldn't come to the ANN panel, I was shooting other stuff for Convention Coverage.

I'm in Taiwan right now and I don't know if I can attend any other convention.

seeya.

Ranmah

Did you put the concert on or something or are you like con chair or something like that? "You're happy so many of us liked it"? Did you bring over L'arc or something? Who are you? Why are you telling us that you can't attend any other cons?

Clarify, please!
Ranmah

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Sorry for jumping the gun. My name is Brian Mah. I have been on staff at Otakon for three years as a Con Coverage staffer. My department video tapes the various panels and events. The stuff we do is mostly archive for future events.

Unfortunately I didn't organize the concert. You can go to the Otakon message boards and ask as many questions you want.

The reason I can't go to any cons is because I am currently working in Hsinchu, Taiwan. I will not be back until July 2005. Even if I could make it to the con, its like a 15 hour flight from Taipei to Baltimore.

I also wrote for ANN in my column "Otaku's Voice."

I hope this answers you question.

Ranmah
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2