• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Waiting in the Summer (Ano Natsu de Matteru) (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Unless Mio and Remon decide they are lezzie for each other. Which would be cool. Actually, I've already decided they are in my head so it doesn't even matter what the show does.

Yeah. That's where my mind has been also. Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

There was something I really liked about this episode, and I don't really want to believe it is because of the fanservice. It could be that I think it has hit its sweet spot, a cross between comedy, characters, plot and Remon.

Actually really is it Remon or Lemon, I could have sworn there was a distinctive L sound, and the subs I watched changed it back. Anyway she was a lot of fun in this episode, her choice of swimsuit reminded me of someone, thats it Konata, I liked the obvious lie she was kept up. There might have been a clue spoiler[that she could have a conection to the galactic police or something], but don't hold that to me when I am totally wrong.

Surprisingly I am actually okay with another rival thrown into the mix, maybe because that might force someone to act, but I would be lieing if I said that I didn't like her character, or enjoyed the disaproving looks.

There are a few cliffhangers: spoiler[Ichika walking in on kaito and the girl, Mio on top of Tetsuro, and something is wrong with the ship.]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:20 pm Reply with quote
I loved episode 6. I like the childhood friend. I was about to say wow its always the female childhood friend who remembers how the guy friend looks, but in this case Kaito did not change at all since he was a child. For some reason I don't like Ichika as she is my least favorite character. It is most likely because I don't like girls with glasses.
stinknasty344

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:55 am Reply with quote
Why must every episode end in a cliff hanger? It drives me crazy! every episode is the same thing, it's all ditzy and fun for the first 15 minutes and then the last 6 gets heavy on drama, then cue cliff hanger ending.

When the girl landed on Rinon I was expecting spoiler[ Kaito to break into that wierd scale looking thing and for Ichika to come out and kiss him in front of his child hood friend]. Maybe that still will happen, but that was the cliff hanger I was expecting.

I'm enjoying the show so far, does anyone know how long it runs for? We're about to be 7 episodes in and if it's 12 eps, they are probably going to start heading towards the climax soon right? Or is this a 24 eps anime? I doubt it because of Anohana and Please Teacher being short, but I think Anohana would've benefited with a couple of more eps to flesh out characters and build relationships more.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:01 am Reply with quote
I'm truly getting annoyed with this show. It's like the only way it can possibly think of to create drama is to have Ichika see Kai with another girl and get the wrong idea. It's honestly becoming humdrum and tiresome. It's getting to the point where any time I see Kaito alone with one of the girls, the end result will always be Ichika or Kanna witnessing it and getting all mopey.

It's still worth watching, but by ending episode 6 in the exact same manner, it has gone near to the bottom of my list.
Ikari1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm truly getting annoyed with this show. It's like the only way it can possibly think of to create drama is to have Ichika see Kai with another girl and get the wrong idea. It's honestly becoming humdrum and tiresome. It's getting to the point where any time I see Kaito alone with one of the girls, the end result will always be Ichika or Kanna witnessing it and getting all mopey.

It's still worth watching, but by ending episode 6 in the exact same manner, it has gone near to the bottom of my list.

Predictable isnt it.
The childhood friend who appears out of no where and confesses on the same day. The completly indiffferent Kaito. It is all about walking in on each other at innapropriate times. It all seems to have a ''just for the sake of it'' approach. But as you said still worth watching as there is a plot somewhere in there waiting to burst out via Renon's suspicious activites and Ichika's alien past at least.

Was it just me or was Mio not wearing any underwear in that last scene.

Last edited by Ikari1 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Ikari1 wrote:
Was it just me or was Mio not wearing any underwear in that last scene.
No, you're right. She does seem to have a strong aversion to clothing.

Even the music suddenly shifted into "Okay, audience. It's plot advancement time!" mode. A bit of subtlety might have been worthwhile.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7

Ok they finally explained Mio's desire to be naked spoiler[I lol when she said she did it because she was raised that way. What parents goes nude in their house?]. Good the "drama" between the childhood friend and Kaito was a spoiler[lie. She only cried because she was reminded of the way her boyfriend dumped her].

Poor Kaito getting cockblocked by a drunk Kanna, but her dress and her meows were hilarious.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:08 pm Reply with quote
I totally called it that spoiler[Mio is a nudist, so it had nothing to do with really liking bears]. Now most parties know how the other feels, is it too hard to have their relationships resolve without some huge drama fest.

And Remon did it again, spoiler[she got Kanna drunk for own amusment, this time with outfits, at least everyone will remember this drunken catgirl, well it won't be good for Kana, but I doubt they are going to tell her. Or the footage come back some point in the future.]
stinknasty344

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:28 am Reply with quote
I really liked this episode. It finally moved a bit away from the cliffhanger, only meaningful plot points happen in the last 5 minutes deal. Sure, the good stuff was in the last couple of minutes, but they built up a lot before then.

Finally looks like there is some closure and spoiler[ Ichika excepts Kaito's feelings and will reciprocate them.]

When that girl fell on Rinon, it looks like spoiler[ he called in part of their ship from outer space, or maybe called another ship. This will likely lead to some kind of forbidden romance for Ichika and Kaito. Will it be she is engaged on her planet? Her planet has strict rules about dating aliens?]

I have to say I really like the series so far, and the characters are very likeable. I think Ichika stepped up a bit in this episode, and Kaito is likeable as an average dude. Tetsuro, Mio, and Kanna are pretty fantastic, and Lemon/Remon is great too.

Can't wait for more.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Cranking it up, I see. I like! I really hope Kaito tells Kanna about him and Ichika next episode. Of course I want him to let her down easy, but it's going to be difficult either way. It'd be one thing if he was still oblivious since it wouldn't really be stringing, but he knows her feelings thanks to Ishigaki, and he needs to cut her off. The next episode seems like a good place since it seems Kanna is going to tell him next episode, and that's a good time to tell her, though cutting her off before she says much would be preferred so she can save herself the embarrassment. Something like

Kanna: Hey, Kaito-kun...I...I
Kaito: Did you know I have a thing for Icihika?
Kanna: *small gasp*
Kaito: I also think she may feel the same way. We haven't really talked about it since it's pretty new to both of us. But...
Kanna: Oh...*sniffle* really? *runs away crying*

Something like that, but not nearly as lame.

WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Ok they finally explained Mio's desire to be naked spoiler[I lol when she said she did it because she was raised that way. What parents goes nude in their house?].

The kind of parents who are nudists? It's their way of life and they brought up their child like that. Not a big deal.

Quote:
Good the "drama" between the childhood friend and Kaito was a spoiler[lie. She only cried because she was reminded of the way her boyfriend dumped her.]

Uh oh! Time for the King of Harts

Of

Dissension!

My thought is that Kitohara lied about the whole thing. When crazy girl is crying on her lap, she says, "This is the second time this summer". The upperclassman is one and Kaito is the other. She just told Ichicka what she did so that she (Ichicka) wouldn't be stressed over it and so that she could pursue him openly.

I do believe her, though, when she said that she was going to use Kaito as a distraction. However, I still think it really hurt her when she had confirmation of his feelings for Ichika because she did hope that some kind of romance would've come from it since they did (or at least she did) have feelings from way back. She did say in episode six "What if I said I'm still in love you?". You don't just pull that out of your ass. I don't think she was completely and totally 100% invested in it, and that Kaito was just going to be a rebound, but she did still mean it somewhat.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:55 am Reply with quote
Actually, TKoH, I think the dialogue may run a little like this:

Kanna: Hey, Kaito-kun...I...I
Kaito: Did you know that when I think of Icihika I get a MASSIVE boner?
Kanna: *small gasp*
Kaito: I also think she may feel the same way. I mean, obviously she doesn't get a massive boner, that would be weird. But...
Kanna: Oh...*sniffle* really? *runs away crying*
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:29 am Reply with quote
Boy, these forums would surely fall apart if we didn't have a gentlemen as esteemed as yourself around to classy the place up, Blood.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:59 am Reply with quote
I know, right???
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

Oh damn the cat in the bag got revealed. I expected that Kaito would spoiler[find out she was an alien in the 11th episode since these types of animes usually the big secret is revealed in the 2nd to last episode and the conflict is solved in the finale]. Poor Kanna, she probably knows she got rejected in the Courage test part.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9