• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Vocaloid: Hatsune Miku 1/8 PVC Giveaway and Fan-art Contest

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
commsky

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:14 pm Reply with quote
oriha wrote:
Wow.. since they've finished posting the entries I might as well pick my top 5 faves <3

page 1 : Warren Hau
page 2 : Zelda C.W.
page 3 : Ayu
page 5 : Marc McKenzie
page 6 : Kuromi Ori

I hope they get picked... they really did a good job~

Is 4 my imaginary entry? cool
Moorina

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:22 pm Reply with quote
OMG I can't believe I won!! Anime hyper;;
Perfect Chaos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Moorina wrote:
Wow, after looking at all the entries I feel like I have no chance now xDD

Wow, I can't believe you said that (before, I didn't know which one was yours; if I did, I would have said something then). Your drawing was amazing; you need to have more confident in yourself. Anyway...
Congratulations Ayu/Moorina! I'm glad you were one of the five, and I never doubted that you would be one of the winners; it was obvious that you deserve it. My second favorite, albeit a very close second.
I'm glad Marc McKenzie won, too, as his was my favorite (as you can tell from my previous post in this thread). I hope to see your entries in future ANN art contests.
KL's was also one that that was rooting for, so it's good that it won. Zelda C.W.'s was in my top-6 (top-7 for sure). Kuromi Ori's, I have to admit, I didn't like at first (probably due to the hair), but after taking a closer look at it now, it does have very detailed shading (and the headphones look especially realistic).

It's too bad that I didn't win (mine was the one with the Haruhi reference), but ever since I saw the other entries, I didn't really expect to (so no surprise here), but I had fun drawing it, which still makes this contest worth entering.

Once again, CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS! (And enjoy your new, well-deserved Figma.)
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Congrats to all the winners, all the entries were pretty fabulous!
Apashi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Wow these are all so good! Amazing job to the winners!
Seeing all these reminds me that I still have some work to do with my drawing~
ShugoYotsuba

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:09 am Reply with quote
Dammit!!
I didn't win!!

Damn you, Osamu Tezuka, Shotaro Ishinomori, and Akira Toriyama, Kagami Yoshimizu, Mitsuteru Yokoyama, Kiyohiko Azuma, and many others for being my influences!!

Oh well, I entered this for the fun of it, maybe my pic was too cutesy !!

Congratulations to all the winners!!
Sa-chan66

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Aww another failed attempt to win anything for me. *sighs* Oh wells.

Congrats you talented 5 people.
reanimator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Call me old fashioned, but I liked the one done in crayons and markers. It would be really nice if we can see their age group though. Usually the older age groups are tend to be more conscientious about the right look than younger age group. Personally I think that contest should be judged by age group and ideas, rather than pretty renderings done in Photoshop.

It looks like just about everyone used downloaded Photoshop and Wacom tablet to draw Miku drawings. I don't know why, but these winning drawings are like semi-professional illustration to me.
s3r3nity

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:51 am Reply with quote
Congrats everyone!!
And to the ones who didn't win:
don't be upset or discouraged! Trust me, I'm sure these winners lost plenty of times before! There will be other contests, and you can always get this figure other places.
Keep it up, all of you! The entries were all so great!!! <3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
wangyamaki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Darn it-and just when i finally get scanner and started to work on it the contest closes.And what did they win,a figure of Hatsune Miku?!?
Crying or Very sad Now ill just have to buy it online like everyone else...

Congrats to those who won-your art work was amazing but im pretty sure i would of been in the top 5 if i got my scanner earlyer. Wink
saiyajedi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:14 am Reply with quote
wangyamaki wrote:
Darn it-and just when i finally get scanner and started to work on it the contest closes.And what did they win,a figure of Hatsune Miku?!?
Crying or Very sad Now ill just have to buy it online like everyone else...

No offense, but when there's a deadline, you either get your submission in on time or you don't. Don't insinuate that it's ANN's fault you couldn't enter.
Quote:
Congrats to those who won-your art work was amazing but im pretty sure i would of been in the top 5 if i got my scanner earlyer. Wink

Well, at least you're modest. Rolling Eyes
Jawa Talisien

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:32 am Reply with quote
wow lots of great artwork, glad I dint waste my time trying to draw something X_x (I couldn't draw my way out of a wet paper bag)

I was just wondering dose anyone know if those little videos that were on the contest entry page are available here for downloading? id really like to put a couple of them on my ipod Anime smile
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:21 pm Reply with quote
I just got my figure day I was one of the random figures and I LVOE IT, I'm glad there was some hope for random winners amound us non-artists.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6