• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Listen To Me Girls, I'm Your Father! (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:03 am Reply with quote
hmm unless if like half now with half later?

besides who if make s2 oh my i must see it?

give mention ova on the way & maybe raika's spin-off version on the way too?

hey if sentai has plans for dub here idea fantasy cast on it

Yuuta Segawa - David Matranga
Sora Takanashi - Brittney Karbowski
Miu Takanashi - Luci Christian
Hina Takanashi -Hillary Haag

Raika Oda - Maggie Flecknoe (due to bit remind of korone)
Kouichi Nimura - Chris Patton (typecasting on it)
Shuntarou Sako - Mark X. Laskowski (casting gag give the character look like kohta from high school of the dead)

Yuri Takanashi - shelley calene-black
dan7el

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:17 pm Reply with quote
I think Yuuta's aunt and uncle had the proper rights to the inheritance. They probably had some concerns regarding Yuuta's motivation for taking the girls. They needed time to think and they wanted him to have time to think as well as spend that time being responsible for the girls. Is this what he really wants? He's very young for this. Will he stick with it?

As a result, we don't see Yuuta spoiler[receiving the inheritance for the girls -- which is likely residency in the house and possibly money until after he makes the final decision to be their "dad" no matter what -- even in the face of the new offer from the uncle.]

That situation was rather well done, I think.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:26 pm Reply with quote
dan7el wrote:
I think Yuuta's aunt and uncle had the proper rights to the inheritance.

Could someone clarify the relationships for me? If it was ever well explained in the anime I missed it. I was under the impression that the Aunt/Uncle who had title to the house were related to the girl's father, not Yuuta or his sister.

Yet at the same time the Aunt was present when Yuuta's sister decided to raise Yuuta. She mentioned she felt guilty for not taking them in at that time, and that was her motivation for helping Yuuta now. Her husband must be attached only by marriage.

So who is related to whom?
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:26 pm Reply with quote
I can't help but think about a black man knocking down the door and saying "Listen to me gurl, I'm yo dad dawg!" every time I see this anime's title.
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Finally watched the finale after a week...couldn't have asked a better ending for a 12 episode anime even though there's more to the manga.

Kinda sucks all the anime I like so much are always so short. Confused

For those who read the manga, do we ever get to see Sora and Miu' previous mothers? The girl's real father's 2 previous marriages looks like it's ripe for all sorts of story and drama, would feel weird if the manga doesn't touch on that subject. Why'd he havespoiler[ Sora with one woman, just to leave her for some russian woman, only to leave her for Yuri?] Sounds suspicious if you asked me.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:47 pm Reply with quote
It's originally a light novel series, although it does also have a manga. I don't know which the anime follows more closely.

From what I gleaned from the google translations of the Amazon.jp pages, at least one of the mothers makes a big splash in a later novel.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:03 pm Reply with quote
I think they say Sora's mother is dead at the end of episode 2.
dan7el

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:05 am Reply with quote
Sora's mother is dead. In episode 2 or so they elders state that Miu's mother might as well be dead. We all know Hina's mother is Yuuta's sister (I can't recall her name).

While their dad *appears* to be a complete dog (three girls by different moms in 10 years??), I don't think that's the case. Probably more like bad luck and some poor judgement. I mean, Miu's mom is probably some fly-by-night Russian bombshell that left when the going got tough. We've all experienced that, right? (tongue in cheek here guys, tongue in cheek).

The aunt and uncle are not clearly specified as to whom they belong to, but in the last episode the aunt states that she had an opportunity to help Yuuta and his sister out years ago when Yuuta was orphaned and didn't, so we are pretty sure that she at least is Yuuta's blood aunt of some sort and henceforth related to Hina. She may even be the one who was willing to take in Hina in episode 2.

Otherwise, we don't know and I don't think it's terribly important.
Brent Allison

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
i caught the final episode and overall it's fairly decent series over all 4/5, I am surprised how it ended as well. spoiler[Yuto's aunt and uncle sign over his sister house to him so he can live with the girls there which as nice turn of events.] spoiler[Also when yuto asked reika will be my wife "even it was for a musical i still went Shocked"]. The whole musical bit was a nice bit as well with all the support for Hina... This is defiantly worth a purchase later this year and I will need to change my score here.

But doesn't spoiler["tsumani" mean "my wife"] in Japanese? Your interpretation makes sense from the context, but spoiler[what definitively gave it away that it was a less permanent arrangement? Was it that he didn't say "kekkon" and directly asked her to be his wife]?
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:37 pm Reply with quote
KLAC wrote:
hmm unless if like half now with half later?

besides who if make s2 oh my i must see it?

give mention ova on the way & maybe raika's spin-off version on the way too?

hey if sentai has plans for dub here idea fantasy cast on it

Yuuta Segawa - David Matranga
Sora Takanashi - Brittney Karbowski
Miu Takanashi - Luci Christian
Hina Takanashi -Hillary Haag

Raika Oda - Maggie Flecknoe (due to bit remind of korone)
Kouichi Nimura - Chris Patton (typecasting on it)
Shuntarou Sako - Mark X. Laskowski (casting gag give the character look like kohta from high school of the dead)

Yuri Takanashi - shelley calene-black

stop reusing those people. they need to use new talents. And new people are cheaper too.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13 (extra episode)

So we come to Listen to me girls hot spring OVA. *looks at encyclopedia page* Wait the themes of this show are now listed to include "fanservice" and "lolicon", now it is going to get automatic criticism, I don't remember them being there before. I don't even remember lolicon even playing a part except for that perverted upperclassman, at least it is not like some of those other series (I don't even know what "lilocon" con is).

Well in saying what I just wrote, this OVA is a bit on the ecchi side, of which I don't just mean spoiler[Raika's top coming, and also climbing into bed with Yuta before getting him to undo her clothes, which did happen. I am talking about showing Miu in rather revealing swimwear, and some uncomfortable imagine spots by that guy who should be put on some sort of government watchlist. Yeah we had Sora with pads,] her 14 year age makes it sketchier, but not bad.

We had some adorable Hina in it too, multipled when put with either Yuta or Raika. But was it just my imagination that they seemed to have a bit of non innocent focus which was not as strong in the rest of the series?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:40 pm Reply with quote
No, that was not your imagination.
Woody1193

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:02 pm Reply with quote
This anime really was brilliant. Hina was definately as cute as any three-year-old has a right to be. But what's with the 3-month delay on the 13th episode? It seemed a lot more like an OVA to me.
Woody1193

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:06 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 13 (extra episode)

But was it just my imagination that they seemed to have a bit of non innocent focus which was not as strong in the rest of the series?

I can't disagree with you that it was a bit more ecchi than the rest of the series. However, look at the title sequence. You have to admit that has ecchi written all over it. It actually reminds me a lot of Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai. Still, the episode overall was really tame when you get down to it. On top of that, it had an excellent ending to it.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Woody1193 wrote:
I can't disagree with you that it was a bit more ecchi than the rest of the series. However, look at the title sequence. You have to admit that has ecchi written all over it. It actually reminds me a lot of Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai. Still, the episode overall was really tame when you get down to it. On top of that, it had an excellent ending to it.

Agreed. Despite the definite ecchi content, the OVA episode was tamer than I feared that it might be. (And yes, that was, indeed, an OVA episode. Retroactively adding OVAs into the episode numbering has been a fairly common practice over the past 3-4 years.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 19 of 22