• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2012-01-11

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Kevin is right, that is horrible.

Catherine ended up being part of my three-way split for personal game of the year. Uncharted 3 had the great characters and quality, Arkham City had the "Holy Crap!" factor, but Catherine was just to unique and refreshing that it's impossible for me not to heap tons of praise on it.

And I'm especially glad I decided to pre-order the Catherine figure that comes out this month since it seems that it already sold out on pre-order.
Sticks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:15 pm Reply with quote
...... And that folks, is why I'm won't cosplay at cons (even though I want to). I'm so out of shape that if I try to dress as my favorite character, I wouldn't look right. I'm a little overweight that if I tried to look a character that was thin.... well, you see my problem... Laughing .

Nothing against any cosplayers out there, everyone I've met looks great. I just need to find something that I'm comfortable in..... Wink
Neohybrid_kai

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:34 pm Reply with quote
B-but those are valid cosplay Laughing
Every guy in a relationship problem can be a sheep
..well, maybe not for the one with bra, is he a she or.. uh..
Anyway, thanks a lot for referencing this game, I write a review just last night on my blog for the best game of 2011 (for me)
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:08 pm Reply with quote
I've been really meaning to pick this game up... I just don't have the money to :\
bemused Bohemian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Forever thankful I did not click any panel for an enlarged viewing. Gee, 1 of these hairy galoots appears more hairy than Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Oh, the torment! Aiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Faiga_Raisa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Oh god. At least my friend who didn't have Vincent's stick physic opted to wear his "RAVE" shirt with the underpants (which had 2 underpants underneath that) to make it look much more sensible.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Views last panel... Owwww, my eyes!!! They burn!! They burn!! Wonder if horse blinders will start to be popular at conventions. Smile

Thanks for the chuckles, Robin.

A little off topic...
Greed1914 wrote:
Quote:
And I'm especially glad I decided to pre-order the Catherine figure that comes out this month since it seems that it already sold out on pre-order.

Looks like it's still available for pre-order on some sites (I didn't even know it was being released). Surprised

Last edited by GhostShell on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
tyciol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:35 pm Reply with quote
This comic shakes me to my core... but how come the guys aren't also wearing bras if they're cosplaying Catherine? Or are they cosplaying the guy?

Some of them seem to need them more than the ladies too...
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am Reply with quote
And here I thought there was nothing lazier than an L cosplayer. I guess boxers are the natural evolution from "baggy shirt and jeans from the closet".

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:41 am Reply with quote
Faiga_Raisa wrote:
Oh god. At least my friend who didn't have Vincent's stick physic opted to wear his "RAVE" shirt with the underpants (which had 2 underpants underneath that) to make it look much more sensible.

Oh! That also reminds us: that one Saturday at my ol' univ suite, my suitemates and I were all bored out of our minds, so out of the blue, we just decided to take a suite photo of all of us to hang large on the wall for the upcoming official Parents Weekend visits. So we quickly put on our best dress shirts and tie attires and headed on to, I think, Sears for the "family photo," waited an hour for our turn in line, and when we finally got in front of the camera, the photographer asked what we wanted to do, and............... we all took off our pants, just leaving our boxers, posed like heck, took the picture, print! Yeah, the other customers and families in line enjoyed that, and the parents too. Laughing
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:42 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
And here I thought there was nothing lazier than an L cosplayer. I guess boxers are the natural evolution from "baggy shirt and jeans from the closet".

Emerje

Don't give people ideas.

L cosplays are lazy, but not as atrocious as Sexy no Jutsu cosplays. Some of them defy local obscenity laws.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:36 am Reply with quote
Hahaha!!! Look for "sheeple" in the literal sense near your local con. Oh gawd.
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

Not so lazy with the horns. Or does Hot Topic carry sheep horns now?
Cheesecracker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:38 am Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
Light bulb

Good job! A fitting appendix to the strip.

I love the whole Catch-22 side to knowledge. Just say 'no' to drugs. *Warning* 'no' may mean 'yes'.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2