• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Motto To Love-Ru -Trouble- Anime Series

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumcolette93

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Yay!! Thank you Sentai!! ^____^
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:58 pm Reply with quote
So they're just going to skip over the 2009 6-episode TLR OVA? How can they ignore such a vital link in the complicated and intricate plot that spans all 3 animations? Wink

EDIT: Though it also could be that they're fighting with licensors over reverse importation concerns. 6 R2 DVDs at 7000 yen or whatever apiece vs. 1 R1 DVD at ~$35 is an obvious choice.

Quote:
Aki Toyosaki took over the voice role of Peka from Satomi Arai.
Actually Peke, not Peka.

Last edited by Zalis116 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:59 pm Reply with quote
But not the OVA series? But those introduce Lala's sisters and other stuff that leads into the 2nd season, thus, leaving anyone who didn't watch the OVA's confused when starting the 2nd season. Here we go again...
Kohii

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Still unsure whether to pick up this series or not. I hear it's popular in great part thanks to Kentaro Yabuki's character designs. I'm a sucker for harem anime, but I think I can live without watching this one. Hmm...
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing they're keeping the count down to 12 episodes & excluding the OVAs to keep it to a 2 disc set.

Which it is weird to skip the OVAs. As that's where Nana & Momo were first introduced in the anime. Celine(both forms) & Rito's female form were also introduced in the OVAs. Without those OVAs, anyone that hasn't followed the manga wouldn't know where these characters came from.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Sentai, you've been licensing like a series a day this week! Please, PLEASE don't overdo it to the point where you need to cut staff Sad So much bad news lately, I don't want to see you have to do something similar (which you've also done once before).

New licenses are awesome, but if it becomes too much, well, I've just been paranoid lately with the industry Sad
XXghostface

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Hello To Love-Ru OVA?? Don't these guy do their research?
burnpsy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm gonna go to their website and point out that they skipped the OVAs.
TnKtRk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Maybe they got the ova's as well and are just going to release them all together in a 3 disk set?

But then again, the OVA's were manga extras, so that could mean a no.
burnpsy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Uhh, they responded to my e-mail with "who said [we] skipped them"?

So they may actually have them.
omnistry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:21 pm Reply with quote
This series was disappointedly bad. The first "To Love-Ru" was okay with some laughs here and there. I don't think I laughed a single time watching "Motto." It's just unfunny fan-service one scene after another :/
Crisha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:45 pm Reply with quote
I love how people in this thread are lecturing an anime licensing company how they "skipped" a series as if an anime licensing company would overlook such a thing about the anime they are licensing. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
Sentai, you've been licensing like a series a day this week! Please, PLEASE don't overdo it to the point where you need to cut staff Sad So much bad news lately, I don't want to see you have to do something similar (which you've also done once before).

New licenses are awesome, but if it becomes too much, well, I've just been paranoid lately with the industry Sad

Difference is alot of Sentai's shows are sub-only, which are more likely to turn a profit than taking a risk dubbing every show like FUNi does.
Kippy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Argh. C'mon Sentai, start releasing subtitled Blu-rays already. I bought the original since it was DVD-only even in Japan, but I won't be buying the sequel on DVD.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:12 pm Reply with quote
willag wrote:
I love how people in this thread are lecturing an anime licensing company how they "skipped" a series as if an anime licensing company would overlook such a thing about the anime they are licensing. Laughing
So... anime licensing companies are perfect fonts of infallible knowledge? Stranger things have happened. Media-Blasters thought they'd released everything there was of Green Green, until people on the Anime on DVD forums asked them about the "Erolutions" OVA.

And really, it's not so much lecturing as questioning going on here. If they did have the OVA, as burnpsy's e-mail implies, why announce the later TV series first? Why not announce the entries in order, or all at once? Unless of course they're trying to stir up interest and controversy by making fans think they've skipped the OVAs, in which case they've scored a reasonable success.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3