• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Inu x Boku Secret Service (Inu × Boku SS) (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:50 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Also of note, I spoiler[have terrible hand writing (as bad as a child's)], in guess I have that in common with Kagerou.

He's about where I am when I try to scribe Kana characters.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:40 am Reply with quote
dragoneyes001 wrote:
wow half an episode tospoiler[explain that he was writing her.]

I didn't have a problem with that, as what we were really learning about was his past and the reasons he's so oddly socialized. spoiler[The thing about being isolated all his life lost some of it's sting when he says "except for school"... he was abandoned, isolated, unable to see another soul... except for 8 hours a day for about 10 months out of a year. Sure, such a negligent home would been brutal, but we aren't talking about the zero socialization they seemed to be implying.]

I did have a slight problem that it revealed it was ten episodes avoiding a non-issue.
"Oh no! She'll hate me if she finds outspoiler[ I'm the kind person that she looked forward to writing to all those years- instead of the flaming jack-ass!"]

BTW, I dissent on the Kage love. He's a one gag character, it is sometimes funny but the classification always goes too long and eventually the gag can make you gag. If you really think "human toilet" is so funny, may I suggest a Google image search? As far as I can tell Kage will grow up to be the professor in Hen Zemi.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dan7el

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:16 am Reply with quote
Well, I called it. Other than a boat-load of back story, this last episode didn't do much. Kage is really rather dull after all. I wonder if he even cares about spoiler[losing his fiance.] I really couldn't figure that one out.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:48 am Reply with quote
What Miketsukami feared was that she would find out that he had lied to her and tricked her. He owes so much to her and was afraid she would hate him. I guess he didn't know her as well as he thought he did, because once she found out that it was him who wrote the letters she was delighted.

As for Kagerou, he never had the love of his fiancée in the first place and I don't think he ever loved her back. They are almost complete strangers after all, two very different people with their own lives and interests. So I don't think he minds her falling in love with Miketsukami.
supercreep

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:33 am Reply with quote
Kagerou works for me because he is barely present. If he had a larger role in the show I would have grown tired of his antics, but he is only around for short bursts. I think he's hysterical in such small doses.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:45 am Reply with quote
I will always feel indebted to Kagerou for giving me - and by extension, the world - "hello, my human toilets!" Laughing
supercreep

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:59 pm Reply with quote
This was a nice way to pass the time. As I predicted, it was pretty much all fluff, but it worked for me in a "nice way to kill a half hour" sort of way. The main plot was pretty forgettable, but I thought every single one of the side characters were fantastic. All of them. If it weren't for that, I honestly wouldn't have been able to stick with this show.

I'm going to go ahead and rate is as decent. I wanted to rate it higher, but it's impossible to recommend on the basis of their silly relationship.

Also, Kagerou for life.
Ferian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Rated it Very Good. Because I don't consider that relationship silly and I've found all the characters great, including the main duo.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:46 pm Reply with quote
7/10 for me. Not a bad anime in my estimate but not something worth in my top 5 this year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Well, on the strength of the final episode, I bumped this show up from what would have been a So-So to Decent. Hmph, be grateful! Loli-tart's reaction when she realized she had spoiler[given over the wrong letter was classic.] And two characters in a romance(?) show who even remotely address the subject spoiler[of having children?] Is this an anime first?
Ikari1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:56 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed this series. I've just seen the last episode and thought that that was a really nice way to end it. The story doesnt have many bells and whistles to it but it was executed really well. There were some moments when I struggled with Ririchio,'s stubboness but then as the end summed up, it was all about two characters that hated themselves and were all alone yet found one another due to these mutual personality 'defects'

I was suprised at how much I enjoyed this in the end as it was never a show I was rushing to watch each week but it ended up being one of my favourite shows this season by the end.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:37 am Reply with quote
I always have trouble giving a rating, and I probably can not give a valid level of what I would rate it now.

Episode 12 was not sad at all, it was largely just a chance to throw the different personalities around, which was just fine with these guys. Not really any drama, well until spoiler[Ririchiyo found out she gave the wrong letter to Miketsukami, lost her cool and then screamed which was funny. Even better when she thought she thought he might not have read it and calls him with dramatic music playingm but he answers and the music and colour dissapear, making her scream again.]

The important part of this show was never really its plot, but the characters, and them just mucking around works. I had particular fun with Zange, like him spoiler[randomly coming out of a bush], he mostly messed around with others, but helping them out anyway. And Karuta so delightful, loved her idea of what shew wanted to reincarnate as. And in the credits what the three guys did to Watanuki. Laughing M and S indeed.

I guess I am happy at seeing an anime couple actually being so close to each other, but I have the feeling that they tried too hard to tie up everything. There would obviously be more drama involved such as things do with her family, and why our characters have to be so careful of the night, a sequel would probably have a lot more drama, and I kind of want to see that some things could not be finished in just these episodes.
Etrien

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:36 pm Reply with quote
This has been my popcorn fluff anime of the season. I always enjoyed watching it, but was never really looking forward to it. The thing that kept me coming back was the surprisingly enjoyable side cast of characters, several of which I'd love to see more episodes of. But, it was the last two episodes - and the development given to Ririchiyo and Miketsukami - that really won me over and bumped my overall grade from probably a C to a B. Miketsukami's background was maybe a bit predictable, but I thought the execution was really well done and actually made his character empathetic and engaging. (He'd previously been one of my least favorite.)

I typically don't go for shows this fluffy, but I'm glad I watched it.

Blood- wrote:
And two characters in a romance(?) show who even remotely address the subject spoiler[of having children?] Is this an anime first?

Though it's worth mentioning that this subject was being proposed to spoiler[a 15 year old girl by her 22 year old boyfriend who has pictures of her plastered all over his walls.] A realistic and perhaps touching subject for a couple, indeed, but with its own shades of spoiler[total creepiness]. Wink

I'd suspect that if this show continued on (as I believe the manga does?), given Ririmayo and Miketsucorn's psychological and emotional deficiencies, there would be plenty of trouble in paradise. But, I still found the ending to be touching.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:28 am Reply with quote
OVA Special

Looks like it got the OVA it should have, no real drama just playing around with some fun with three seperate stories.

The first bit on Ririchiyo and Miketsukami hanging around while they are spoiler[an official couple]. As you might expect Ririchiyo is spoiler[incredibly nervous], but is not going to say it, instead keeping up her cool front, though spoiler[her boyfriend] knows better. To help her spoiler[feel calmer he displays an ability we were not aware of, he can change the apparent age of his body, and proceeds to turn himself into a shota. Shota Miketsukami looks adorable, breaks the situation and has Ririchiyo going into her tsun, and then quickly into her dere, with pats and hugs. Before she realised that he is a 22 year old, and was taking advantage of her.] Then he shows that he has another ability, one for a paticular type of fan and a certain Yuki-onna, that is spoiler[he turns himself into woman. She (he) then continues to very heavilly hit on her, Ririchiyo says she has not attraction to this form, although admits to herself it is a good figure, and starts reacting to the advances.] The scene earns a very loude "spoiler[maniac]".

Next is that the characters are incredibly bored, well mostly spoiler[Natsume, who procedes to make fun by starting a childish game of poking each other to have pretend buttons that do things. Watakuni is not impressed, but kind of falls into it when Karuta, tries pressing a button for him to like her more, although she forgets her strength and leaves him in a happy but damaged state]. She even passes it onto spoiler[Kagerou, who decides to humor her. Nobara voices her displeasure at seeing the first two boys who are doing it all tee-hee like, she aint into BL, and hurts poor Renshou]. But things get funniest when spoiler[Kagerou tries to get one in on Ririchiyo, his near sexual harrasment is not met kindly by Miketsukami, who finishes it by teasing Ririchiyo about a delayed effect].

Lastly we end with the characters spoiler[entertaining Kotarou's little sister, Ririchiyo takes the game of house very seriously, as she has never played before. This encourages the other characters to tease her a bit, acting disgusted at the thought of serving "grandma" and "grandpa" a mudball, and Miketsukami turns up the age rating by creating the theme of an unhappy house wife]. A then restart includes Nobara, who was drawn in by the spoiler[loli, she is happy to be in, but not happy with her makeshift husband, instead being much more interested in "granny". Ririchiyo in universe level head attains that the homelife is twisted and that they should try to leave, the then talking dog also wanting to go with]. Granny continued use of spoiler[her line starts working its way into being funnier. But then Kagerou's love of chaos jumps in, creating a situation where granny must be very attractive, and then violence. Karta is fond of the line, and we end with her useing it on Watakuni, who has no idea what is happening.]

I had a lot of fun with the OVA. I made the mistake a while back to check the wikipedia page of this series, just to look at stuff about the characters, and I was horrified to learn what I did about what happened in the manga. I guess I am happy seeing some fun over what I read leaving a sick feeling in my stomache.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Special

spoiler[Miketsukami & Ririchiyo as a couple were totally cute.
His totally adorable fox child form was just too good of taking advantage of Ririchiyo.
It was pretty LOL watching her tremble so easily.
At moments he was kinda cruel teasing her so much.
Second part was about others and their fun.
Miketsukami & Ririchiyo were most interesting.
Playing house with the kids was pretty LOL, but also interesting.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6