• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: S'more Entertainment Adds Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo on U.S. DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:55 pm Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:
Lol, I don't know how PDFs you have to print out = subtitles.

EDIT: From their Facebook account:

Offering our apoplogies....there was no intent to mis-lead the fans. There was a mis-communication internally and even though at least 10 people proofed the packaging, the fact the packaging incorrectly said 'sub-titled' was missed by everyone, incluiding byTOEI. As best as I understand, the series was only available in Japanese language or dubbed into English, it was never sub-titled. Galaxy Express 999 will only be available in Japense or sub-titlerd as they never did an English language version (according to TOEI)

Those 10 people should invest in glasses.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:05 pm Reply with quote
The really bad thing is that it seems like the error wasn't that the subs were only written in a PDF file. No, it seems like that was always supposed to be the case but the mistake is that the word "subtitled" was on the DVD box and promo material.

This has me extremely worried about the GE999 release that they said was coming "subtitled". I hope it's subtitled in the way that everyone other than S'more defines it and not subtitled as in a pdf file that you can read while watching the show.
NeumanProductions

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:27 am Reply with quote
And subtitling in my opinion is one of the easiest things to handle when done correctly. But I saw S'more as picking this up as a rescue/quick income generator by taking advantage of it already being dubbed, and yes, it was never subbed in the firstplace so they don't have that source file on hand.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4