• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hunter X Hunter (TV 2011).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhyono

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:24 pm Reply with quote
As long as this isn't a sign of it dying or anything: having it on Wednesday is fine with me since there aren't too too many I expected to be watching in the middle of the week.
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:16 pm Reply with quote
What I'm worried about is what would happen once the ant arc ends. Will they animate the next arc? Because that next one is more of a transition arc to a next far bigger one which has yet to be done in manga yet.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Gon*Gon wrote:
far bigger one which has yet to be done in manga yet.

Yet to be started or yet to be finished? If the latter: any expected finish date?
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:41 pm Reply with quote
I believe he's referring to the Dark Continent arc. The previous arc sets up that one, I believe (I haven't read either, so I could be mistaken).
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:44 am Reply with quote
Rhyono wrote:
Yet to be started or yet to be finished? If the latter: any expected finish date?

Well, it's been started, but there's only one chapter of it out, so it's more the former. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
I believe he's referring to the Dark Continent arc. The previous arc sets up that one, I believe (I haven't read either, so I could be mistaken).

Yeah, the arc after the Chimera Ant arc does set up the Dark Continent arc, but I also feel that that said "set-up" arc has a rather satisfying conclusion. A good place to end if you had to end it somewhere.
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Don't get me wrong, it was entertaining and I'm really excited to see how they handle Chido with actual voice acting.

But, it's a massive shift in overall tone. There are still actions going on here and there, but a lot less of that and much more quirky HxH-styled spoiler[politics].

I kinda wish it worked like that in real life. Then maybe I'd finally give a damn about spoiler[elections]. Laughing
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:33 am Reply with quote

spoiler[Killua sure did a lot of explaining.
It was only Gon who felt overwhelmed by the new info.
Think they overdid it with so much info.
Not much was going on until the very episode end.
Looks like this was just an intro episode.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Episode 99
I find the fight to be decent as Gon pulled off some spoiler[risky moves. And hey, they worked. I'm proud of you Gon~]

spoiler[Killua also did part of his job as well and I'm hoping he can continue to do so. "Diego" and his announcement wasn't surprising to me though since it was a response to what the hunters are doing to contain the problem.]

The most important part of this episode imo was the spoiler[ending as I see a character that I've never seen before in the show being shown prominently several times with the Chimera King]. Hmm....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Gon having spoiler[bird problems] LOL
It was nice watching him spoiler[fight alone for a change.]
Those guys gave him a few problems too.
Hunters are still struggling with chimera ants problem..
Guess they could use a hand from Phantom Troupe ^^"
At least those guys knew how to deal with ants quickly.
Donslipo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 99

The most important part of this episode imo was the spoiler[ending as I see a character that I've never seen before in the show being shown prominently several times with the Chimera King]. Hmm....

I will just say that it's the very important person to the story. All the feels man ; _ ;
Clarste

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Donslipo wrote:
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 99

I will just say that it's the very important person to the story. All the feels man ; _ ;

I can actually make myself cry just by thinking about her. Probably helpful if I ever decide to take up acting.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:42 am Reply with quote
ookamigirl wrote:

Killua sure did a lot of explaining.

His explanation of the country and its various misbehaviors removed any doubt I might have had about it being a thinly-disguised North Korea.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:06 am Reply with quote
I wasn't all that impressed with the Episode 99 fight between Gon and the ants. spoiler[It wasn't really clear if he just damaged them badly or actually mortally wounded them. Much of the fight seemd to comprise of him just dodging their attacks, and then sort of super-punching them off screen to get them out of his way.] I don't know if this was just a decision made to save time and keep the story moving, or if it had something to do with their animation budget for this episode, but it was a little disappointing.

However, there was one little nugget in this episode. I had previously thought to myself that Gon's rock-paper-scissor attack (specifically, the rock portion) reminded me a lot of Uvogin's big bang attack. They are both enhancers. Also, Nobunaga has previously commented about how much Gon reminds him of Uvogin (and that was one of the reasons he didn't want to kill Gon and wanted him to join the Spiders). Well, spoiler[in this episode, Gon used a "scream" attack that was nearly identical to the one Uvogin used against the shadow beasts, just a lot less powerful.] I wonder whether Gon will continue to develop to be more like Uvogin (except more sane, of course).
Donslipo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:18 am Reply with quote
ChibiKangaroo wrote:
I don't know if this was just a decision made to save time and keep the story moving, or if it had something to do with their animation budget for this episode, but it was a little disappointing.

That's how the fight was played of in the manga.

HxH, as of this episode, was moved to the different (worse) time-slot in Japan - night on Tuesday, instead of usual Saturday mornings, so they are getting less money of the commercials running during the breaks.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:21 am Reply with quote
ChibiKangaroo,

Gon didn't dodge most of the attacks, it's just that his Nen was so strong that the attacks did little or no damage, as one of the ants mentions. As far as his spoiler[shouting attack, it *was* like Uvogin's shout (and I, too, noticed the similarities between him and Gon), but Gon only used it because he knew it would play to a vulnerability of the bat-type ant.] Uvo just used his because it would mess up pretty much anyone, vulnerability or not. Also, it looks sort of ambiguous as to whether he spoiler[killed the ants or not], I'd guess he didn't, but that's only a guess on my part.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 37 of 52