• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hunter X Hunter (TV 2011).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Lots and lots of flashbacks at first.
These were pretty enjoyable too.
A short summary of Gon's greatest hits!
So he's off to a new adventure.
spoiler[Finally, he met his dad.
Ging opened up a bit too... finally more info about him.
He truly is an adventurist through and through.
Family is family, but heart wants what is wants... in this case adventure.
Still, some quality time with dad was nice.]

Awesome final episode. Well rounded up!
Gonna miss this anime..
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:35 am Reply with quote
Thy wrapped it up with no Fin. 15 more years maybe?
Bugnin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:35 am Reply with quote
This show was outstanding, and it will continue to be great when it gets picked back up..... in 2018.....

The last couple of episodes were almost an apology that there wasn't enough source material to continue. Pretty obvious nobody in the decision making process really wanted to cancel HxH.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:34 am Reply with quote
The show was ended in near flawless fashion. Certainly, one cannot help but still feel like Ging is a bit of an ass for leaving his son behind all those years back, but you can also see how both of their adventures have had such a powerful impact on who they became, and that they have accomplished so many great things as a result. It is interesting though to consider how things might have turned out differently had Ging raised Gon even while he was becoming a hunter. I can see how Gon could have become an even greater person with his dad by his side.

As for the episode itself, there was so much awesome nostalgia for all the little "detours" along the way to Gon finding his dad. We saw all of the major characters again, and think about how they impacted Gon and how he impacted them. It was a very bittersweet farewell. I'll definitely miss this show. I think it pretty much has to be considered a masterpiece. I just hope they will continue it someday.
Athelia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:10 pm Reply with quote
I love this show. This was the show that brought me back down the rabbit hole after several years away from fandom, so I'm really sad to see it end.

I think the last episode, and understanding Ging's motivations, helped highlight how similar he and Gon really are. Probably not a spoiler, but, spoiler[Ging talking about the relationships he built being so important] really helped me reflect back on Gon's entire journey to date and how much that same attitude really is what powered his journey. I mean yes, his ultimate motivation was to meet his father, but spoiler[ he always totally invested himself in those he considered his friends as well.]
Etrien

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm late getting to the final two episodes, but man what a wonderful finale that was. I figured it would have sort of a non-ending due to the production just running out of sufficient source material, but the place - and more importantly, way - that they chose to end the final two episodes were just magnificent. I feel like they sufficiently wrapped up the major issues (esp. spoiler[Gon finally, truly meeting Ging and learning what kind of person he is]) while leaving us with the message - and various glimpses - that the world, and therefore adventure, is forever ongoing and never-ending.

To me, this show has been an absolute Masterpiece.

After following it for 3 years, I'm definitely going to miss having it as part of my weekly experience. But, they wrapped it up so much better than I expected they could.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Etrien wrote:
I figured it would have sort of a non-ending due to the production just running out of sufficient source material, but the place - and more importantly, way -

well, the manga could just ended right there and nobody can complain about it. The Mangaka just leave it open for more in case he wants more money. he took a long break and cameback.
rothrock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Etrien wrote:
I figured it would have sort of a non-ending due to the production just running out of sufficient source material, but the place - and more importantly, way -

well, the manga could just ended right there and nobody can complain about it. The Mangaka just leave it open for more in case he wants more money. he took a long break and cameback.

That's completely baseless.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:34 am Reply with quote
Its still going, just not enough to animate. Sorry anime new comers.
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Anime Marathon Discussion (Nov. 6th, 2015 - Nov. 15th, 2015)

Spoilers Reminder for Marathon Discussion: Tag all spoilers within your post(s) and record the episode number(s) you're discussing at the top of your post.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 52 of 52