• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tezuka's Barbara Manga Reaches Goal for English Printing

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:59 pm Reply with quote
WoW! I just watched the video on Crunchyroll just this morning and BAM!, they hit the goal! That's unreal! I applaud all those who pledged. I'm not the hugest Tezuka fan, I don't own one volume of his work, but Barbara sounds so unique I'll probably take the plunge.
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Already did, i surly don't mind having the same for manga/anime shows that won't get a US release in a regular way.
Jikorijo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Damn, thats impressive! I was planning to donate because I thought the fundriser wouldn't get enough donations, but, I'm gald I was wrong. Thank you to everyone who donated!

I'm guessing that many of the donations were from readers who are already know about his work, so it's nice to see devotion from fans (though, I'm sure the rewards helped too). Wink
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:03 am Reply with quote
Damn!! I just posted in the other blog now I get the news. Great news. Way to go.
Anton Chigurh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:52 am Reply with quote
I read just now about a Kickstarter comic book project that raised a lot of money as well but is now in danger of not coming to fruition because of creative differences. While DMP has so far a good track record with its release of Swallowing The Earth, I expect nothing imperils the release of Barbara like it happened to the aforementioned project.

Yes, I know DMP is not actually writing the series, but they could still find big obstacles on the road to publishing it. Here's to hoping that's not the case.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:50 pm Reply with quote
They just confirmed on Twitter that Barbara and 'Earth will eventually be available on Amazon, and not just be Akadot exclusives.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1