• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cowboy Bebop Re-Mastered

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:18 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
I hope they re-master the ending, while they're at it.

You know, that would have been funny, except it wasn't. Because the Ending was fine, and the original master for the ending would have been redone with the rest of the series. Overall, 2/10 Gatsu, I EXPECT BETTER FROM YOU OK!?
DragonofHeaven

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Yes, finally I can cash in on Cowboy Bebop. I always go for the art boxes, a small pechant of mine I suppose. It's about time they start releasing it again.
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Good thing I been holding out on getting Bebop, after getting a bootleg, when I was told that it was a legit version from ebay! I can buy it remastered now. Sweet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:56 am Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
GATSU wrote:
I hope they re-master the ending, while they're at it.

You know, that would have been funny, except it wasn't. Because the Ending was fine, and the original master for the ending would have been redone with the rest of the series. Overall, 2/10 Gatsu, I EXPECT BETTER FROM YOU OK!?

Not only was that post funny, but I'm sure it struck a chord with many posters here on this board. I'm not sure if you're dumping on him, or just joking, but it sure seems a lot of the "l33t" people dump on others who voice their opinion, and I don't think that's cool. If that's a joke, sorry for the over-reaction. Personally, I really liked CB's ending myself, but I'd love to see more eps, or a different ending. In fact, there's not enough paper in the world for me to list all the series whose ending I disliked.
the_soultaker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Already have the original collection and unless there's some added scenes or bonuses (Ala Robotech Remastered) there's no justification for me to shell out more money for a series that i already own. (even if it's only 2.0 Dolby Digital) plus i can use my "Animoney" for newer titles like GadGaurd and Wolf's Rain. Mr. Green
Sword of Whedon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I really don't think Bandai of America has any say over what Bandai of Japan does.

They do when it comes to the dub/sub track which is the property of the US division
darkhunter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Sam.: wrote:
damn it I was totally wrong. I was so hoping that there will be English subs atleast. Anways, i doubt that anyone would pay $300 bucks for the 5.1DD with no Eng Subs. Now, that we know that it not going to have Eng Subs....looks like you guys will have to wait for the American R1 release. more info on the DVD box

sorry, i was wrong and sorry if i got anyones hopes up.. i'm dissapointed. Sad

Tempest wrote:
All three (Cowboy Bebop, Blue Sub 6 & Big O), are big Bandai titles, so it is a possibility that Bebops 7disk set might have English audio/subs too. right?
That makes sense. Without them saying that there are subs, for now I'd assume there aren't, but your reasoning for suspecting the possibility is pretty sound.
Tempest you were right.

Trust me, there's always someone willing to pay for limited edition item. Heck, the V600 cellphone was selling for over 1000 dollar before it was released here. Some people like the feeling of having a rare item before anyone else.
deathbringer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:54 am Reply with quote
Anways, i doubt that anyone would pay $300 bucks for the 5.1DD with no Eng Subs.

I'm going to. Other people probably will too.
Shorty22

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:34 am Reply with quote
I'm not getting it again. It's not one of my favorite series, so there's no reason to upgrade my version of it. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but it's not one of my favs is all. Besides, when I got it, I didn't know that CN was going to show it a zillion times. Heh, because of that, I've only watched my dvds once. And that's just utterly sad.
vherub

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:14 pm Reply with quote
well, i would
pyr3sayz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Shorty22 wrote:
I'm not getting it again. It's not one of my favorite series, so there's no reason to upgrade my version of it. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but it's not one of my favs is all. Besides, when I got it, I didn't know that CN was going to show it a zillion times. Heh, because of that, I've only watched my dvds once. And that's just utterly sad.

What will you do with all of your anime when the Blu-Ray DVDs and HDDVDs of them come out? (I think it's funny that as I'm typing this my spell-checker doesn't flag 'HDDVDs', but 'Blu-Ray' is flagged)

I'm kind of in the middle. I have the first 3 DVDs. I got them for $50 from a friend, and I'm supposed to get the last 3 for another $50, but he has graduated and has a job now... and has dropped off the face of the earth. My only contact with him is AIM and he was supposed to come on sometime in May so that we could get together with some other friends and hang out, and I still haven't heard from him. So... I don't know what I'll do about the new DVDs. I could wait until he possibly shows up again to try and get the last 3 DVDs from him, or buy the whole series and have 3 left over DVDs. Heh. Choices... choices...
Shorty22

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:49 am Reply with quote
pyr3sayz wrote:
What will you do with all of your anime when the Blu-Ray DVDs and HDDVDs of them come out?

I assume that those will be the new media format one day, since I have no idea what you're talking about otherwise. I'm not a technically sauvy person. I'll tell you what I'll do when that happens though... absolutely nothing until my current DVD player doesn't work anymore and I can't cheaply buy another one that'll play what I have. I mean, our VCR of 10+ years still works, so we're still using it and have not replaced ANY of our VHS tapes. They don't need to be replaced as long as you can still view them. Besides, it'd be cheaper to buy another $50 VCR than replace all the VHS tapes. But there's also no point in endlessly sticking with old technology... that's why you move on and keep what you have... that's probably why there are VCR/DVD combo players in the world.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure that the Cowboy Bebop 5.1 (DTS maybe?) will be released by Bandai USA as well. It seems there is a new trend in anime by producing both the Japanese audio and English audio in 5.1.

Examples of recently licensed anime with both Japanese and English 5.1 audio
ROD the TV
Ghost in the Shell
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Sam.:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:12 pm Reply with quote
RedvsBlue wrote:
Des anyone know if when they re-release these, they will have different cover art, disc art, etc...

Because if Bandai releases them the exact same way then how am I supposed to know which is the 5.1 and which isn't?

yes, 2004 Re-mastered Cowboy Bebop will get a different dvd boxart! and here is what it will look like man.
[align=center,middle]
i think the box art looks okay but i liked the older one better!
any comments on the box art?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Onv

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:45 pm Reply with quote
I preordered this a while ago from Amazon Japan, it is very limited but should make a great Christmas present. Cool I think that the cover art is okay, but I prefer the older box art.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4