• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Spielberg, Smith Reportedly Adapting Old Boy Manga Itself

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyoujuu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:08 am Reply with quote
wait does the oldboy manga have the whole er "controversial" (well in my opinion it's kind of a taboo) ending? i've only seen the korean movie (SOSOSOSOSOSO GOOD) so.. so..
if they're making it with that kind of ending.. i mean.. i dunno. i think the american audience.. i feel like it'd be too dark for like the majority of people who would go and watch it.... i guess i'm just... i can't think about this like.. without thinking of smith and his nice guy image.. the taboo thing just seems wayyy too dark for smith. think of all the young people who will probably go see it because will smith is in it regardless of an r rating if they use the real ending, and just.. wow.
i mean, i love him and all but.. it was hard to take just in the film so.. i dunno. if they made it without that aspect thatd just be so bad because thats.. the fundamental thing.. without it, the whole story and just the audience being able to understand the weight of everything just isn't.. fulfilled (??).. confusing sorry heh
of course if the manga doesnt even have that then ok i guess.. but im still iffy because americans haven't made the best remakes =s
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3