• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragonball News

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animefan16

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:42 pm Reply with quote
One thing to make the 20th aniversary of Dragonball better is a new Dragonball movie. Definately not a tv series but just a movie. I'm not talking about the live-action movie but a new Dragonball anime movie. It could probably star Goku Jr.
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Wow, Dragonball news up the ying yang, but it is get to hear Hironobu Kageyama is coming back to do the opening theme to DBZ: B3 and the reunion concert.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Proman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:58 am Reply with quote
Animefan16 wrote:
One thing to make the 20th aniversary of Dragonball better is a new Dragonball movie. Definately not a tv series but just a movie. I'm not talking about the live-action movie but a new Dragonball anime movie. It could probably star Goku Jr.

Ditto. I was actually hoping that they would do a TV special or something like that but I guess Akira Toriyama doesn't want anything to do with the 'Dragonball' franchise anymore.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:40 am Reply with quote
Proman wrote:
Animefan16 wrote:

Ditto. I was actually hoping that they would do a TV special or something like that but I guess Akira Toriyama doesn't want anything to do with the 'Dragonball' franchise anymore.

No, he just doesn't want to do any more Manga. Toei is allowed to produce as many series/OAVs/Movies as they wish, and Akira doesn't even have to lift a finger. Akira has participated in the Dragonball franchise recently, doing a new ending for the manga, new artwork for DVD/Manga releases, interviews, and goodness knows what else. It's still very much a part of him, he just doesnt want to continue it.
monkeybone3030

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:34 am Reply with quote
Man That's Awesome but, will this translate to the American Version. Maybe as an easter egg at least. Anyhoo can't wait for the Budokai 3 in November. Now as for a movie that would be something that would bring peace to the world of new DBZ fans. Well if anyone has info on the music of Budokai 3 and the extras let me know. Zenkai POWER!
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:30 pm Reply with quote
no more Goku Jr. I had enough of him from the GT speical he's nothing compared to his name sake. but I am glad that Kageyama-sensei and the girls are doing a new DB song, means to me yet another song to add to my collection.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Animefan16

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Anybody know if he's doing something for the live-action movie?
Case

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Did Kusuburu Heart ni Hi o Tsukero make it into the North American version of Budokai 2, or was it in the Japanese only?

Animefan16 wrote:
Anybody know if he's doing something for the live-action movie?

The movie project is barely alive. I seriously doubt they've gotten around to working on the music for it yet. Confused
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:09 pm Reply with quote
His vocals weren't in the North American version, but they were in the European and Japanese version.

And I wouldn't expect a movie this year because this is the 20th anniversary for the manga, not the anime. The 10th anniversary special came out in '96, 10 years after the anime started.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1