• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Newtype Readers Unhappy with DVD change

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucca

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:00 pm Reply with quote
I wrote Newtype. I used a bit of my long language though, so I hope they understand it...

Long story short, I said "I'm gonna keep reading Newtype, I'm just not buying it anymore. It's too expensive and there's no reason to buy when I can read it here. Thanks for the free read. When you bring the DVD back, I'll start buying again."

It really sucks that there's no DVD anymore. Especially since I only buy Newtype about once every three months anyhow. Now I have no reason to buy it at all, AND I get to read it now.

So I'm like, getting it free, when you think about it. I'm gonna be really pissed though if they start shrinkwrapping it without the DVD... which is doubtful, but that means I have to start buying it again just to read it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
flapflap

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Considering the enourmous size of the Magazine, all the posters, post cards, and other goodies (not counting the DVD) that magazine must be outragously expensive to produce. I am surprised the DVD lasted as long as it did. I would imagine ADV anticipated more people would buy than have. My guess is the average anime fan (not hard core otaku mind you) but casual fan would probably balk at the price and be confused by the sheer amount of poorly laid out information. On the other hand I find Anime Insider extremely childish and I can't even remember how many Yu-Gi-Oh! and DBZ covers they had. Even worse was when they hired some crappy comic book artist to draw thier covers, that was truly embarassing. Prodoculture Addicts makes a quality product but it is not produced regularily. Are there any good anime publications in America?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4