• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam SEED Destiny Trailer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AuraShadow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
AuraShadow wrote:
maybe they have finally matured enough to distinquish when people are being prejudice against your kind and you still stay with them regardless. (btw, I swear Flay was on crack....she's really creapy)

...I think you missed the entire Fllay thing by a mile, no offense. It wasn't a random thing at all.

spoiler[She has a pre-existing dislike for Coordinators to begin with, is a civilian caught in a military SNAFU, and just saw her father get blown up after Kira himself reassured her that "everything would be okay." These factors combined caused her to lash out at the nearest Coordinator she could get her claws into -- Kira. She blames him for the death of her father, and decides to manipulate him in order to make him suffer. By giving her body to him, she puts him on a leash and holds him to his promise to protect her until the point where he burns out & crumbles. As she says herself, "Fight for me. Fight for me until you die!"

Of course, later on Kira comes to his senses & Fllay is taken prisoner by Raww, essentially forcing her to mature a bit and realise herself that she acted idiotically. Sadly, she dies before she's able to truly redeem herself.]

*Hugs you* YAY! THE ***** GETS HER JUST REWARD! But I still have a problem with Kira going back with the earth forces even after all of that stuff with Fllay. I would have gone with my childhood friend, who happens to be one of my kind, instead of to a place where I am surpressed and put a label upon by people I call "friends". Sorry Kira, but that was EXTREMLEY STUPID! Again, it's those really stupid mistakes like that that creates unnessisary drama.
Pandemonium

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
AuraShadow wrote:
maybe they have finally matured enough to distinquish when people are being prejudice against your kind and you still stay with them regardless. (btw, I swear Flay was on crack....she's really creapy)

...I think you missed the entire Fllay thing by a mile, no offense. It wasn't a random thing at all.

spoiler[She has a pre-existing dislike for Coordinators to begin with, is a civilian caught in a military SNAFU, and just saw her father get blown up after Kira himself reassured her that "everything would be okay." These factors combined caused her to lash out at the nearest Coordinator she could get her claws into -- Kira. She blames him for the death of her father, and decides to manipulate him in order to make him suffer. By giving her body to him, she puts him on a leash and holds him to his promise to protect her until the point where he burns out & crumbles. As she says herself, "Fight for me. Fight for me until you die!"

Of course, later on Kira comes to his senses & Fllay is taken prisoner by Raww, essentially forcing her to mature a bit and realise herself that she acted idiotically. Sadly, she dies before she's able to truly redeem herself.]

Well I think she did in a way spoiler[After she got killed (which was a great eps where he almost saved her...but didn't lol, just like with the little girl) she did appear to Kira to say she's sry and whatever, I'd like to say redeeming herself, but she'd need more than that.] Anime smile
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:34 pm Reply with quote
AuraShadow wrote:
*Hugs you* YAY! THE ***** GETS HER JUST REWARD!

??

I was defending her...

AuraShadow wrote:
But I still have a problem with Kira going back with the earth forces even after all of that stuff with Fllay. I would have gone with my childhood friend, who happens to be one of my kind, instead of to a place where I am surpressed and put a label upon by people I call "friends". Sorry Kira, but that was EXTREMLEY STUPID! Again, it's those really stupid mistakes like that that creates unnessisary drama.

Actually, Sai, Tolle, & Miriallia were extremely supportive of him, as were Murrue, Mwu, & Cagalli before too long (Kuzzey's just a coward, and Fllay...yeah, she's troubled).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
AuraShadow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:35 pm Reply with quote
THAT'S ALL SHE SAYS!? Like that can make up for it Twisted Evil whatever! lol Again, example of corny drama that could have been solved by not putting in there in the first place and making the series actually enjoyable. The only character I like is that blond girl....um...what's her name? I know it starts with a C...um....the girl they meet on earth. Her, I like her. She's cool, and Kira sometimes....when he's not making EXTREMLY stupid desisions. The singer girl with the pink hair can BURN!!!!!!! Twisted Evil MUWHAHAHAHAHH (Really hates her!) I like all the people from ZAFT. That sad that the "villans" are the people I most respect. They don't have all of that drama on there side. I would fight for ZAFT any day.

Last edited by AuraShadow on Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
AuraShadow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
AuraShadow wrote:
*Hugs you* YAY! THE ***** GETS HER JUST REWARD!

??

I was defending her...

Why would you ever want to defend her? She's one of the worst characters on the show.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Pandemonium wrote:
Well I think she did in a way spoiler[After she got killed (which was a great eps where he almost saved her...but didn't lol, just like with the little girl) she did appear to Kira to say she's sry and whatever, I'd like to say redeeming herself, but she'd need more than that.] Anime smile

Those were actually spoiler[her unexpressed feelings...they were what she wanted to say, but wasn't able to. So odds are they didn't really reach Kira at all.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Pandemonium

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:40 pm Reply with quote
AuraShadow wrote:
THAT'S ALL SHE SAYS!? Like that can make up for it Twisted Evil whatever! lol Again, example of corny drama that could have been solved by not putting in there in the first place and making the series actually enjoyable. The only character I like is that blond girl....um...what's her name? I know it starts with a C...um....the girl they meet on earth. Her, I like her. She's cool, and Kira sometimes....when he's not making EXTREMLY stupid desisions. The singer girl with the pink hair can BURN!!!!!!! Twisted Evil MUWHAHAHAHAHH (Really hates her!)

Rukusu...or Lux whatever you wish to call her gets better as the series progresses. Cagalli, the blond girl, I'm resisting the urg to put up more spoilers. But she's as crazy as Kira at the end. All the good stuff happens at the end, lets just say that. Oh and around eps 30 for sure.
Pandemonium

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
Well I think she did in a way spoiler[After she got killed (which was a great eps where he almost saved her...but didn't lol, just like with the little girl) she did appear to Kira to say she's sry and whatever, I'd like to say redeeming herself, but she'd need more than that.] ^_^

Those were actually spoiler[her unexpressed feelings...they were what she wanted to say, but wasn't able to. So odds are they didn't really reach Kira at all.]

Yeah you're probably right, tho he reacted to something...but this makes me wanna watch it again ^_^
AuraShadow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Give me all the spoilers you got, I don't care. It's going to be inpossible for me to find it online non bittorrent anyway. Since this is a series I don't like, I couldn't care less about spoilers. (Now if you gave me spoilers on something like Last Exile or something like that, then we have a problem, since I've already gotten a MAJOR spoiler for that series) NOOOOO! NOT THE COOL GIRL! DARN!
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:44 pm Reply with quote
AuraShadow wrote:
The only character I like is that blond girl....um...what's her name? I know it starts with a C...um....the girl they meet on earth.

Cagalli Yula Athha.

Lacus isn't as naïve as she first appears. She acts aloof, but she's actually quite focused & mature when she needs to be.

AuraShadow wrote:
Why would you ever want to defend her? She's one of the worst characters on the show.

Because she's not nearly as one-dimensional as so many viewers of the show write her off as?

Last edited by Nagisa on Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
UltimaShadowfax

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:46 pm Reply with quote
AuraShadow wrote:
Well, Wing was my frist taste of Gundam, so I base every other gundam seires on it.

So then you really didn't know what you were talking about when you said "traditional Gundam," did you?
AuraShadow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:

AuraShadow wrote:

Because she's not nearly as one-dimensional as so many viewers of the show write her off as?

If you call a complete mental case "none one-dimensional" I can't possibley agree with you on that. She's the one prejudice to corridinators. She's the one that basicly claims that her and Kira go out, even though she's only supporting is fighting to get revenge. She's the one that reminds me of someone on every type of drug you can take when she's alone in her room, talking to herself like a wacko. I have absolutly NO sympathy for her whatsoever.
Pandemonium

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
AuraShadow wrote:
The only character I like is that blond girl....um...what's her name? I know it starts with a C...um....the girl they meet on earth.

Cagalli Yula Athha.

Lacus isn't nearly as naïve as she appears. She acts aloof, but she's actually quite focused & mature when she needs to be.

AuraShadow wrote:

I think I liked Fllay better than Lux in the end, I got somehow attached to her spoiler[and would rather Kira have been with Fllay instead of Lux]
AuraShadow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:50 pm Reply with quote
UltimaShadowfax wrote:
AuraShadow wrote:
Well, Wing was my frist taste of Gundam, so I base every other gundam seires on it.

So then you really didn't know what you were talking about when you said "traditional Gundam," did you?

Re read my posts. It was my first gundam, not my only one. I consider Wing the best out off all of them (next to G gundam) SEED is way to angsty. It doesn't even resemble a war to me. Just a gundam trying to act like any other anime insdead of stand alone like it usually does.
AuraShadow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Pandemonium wrote:
Nagisa wrote:
AuraShadow wrote:

Cagalli Yula Athha.

Lacus isn't nearly as naïve as she appears. She acts aloof, but she's actually quite focused & mature when she needs to be.

AuraShadow wrote:

I think I liked Fllay better than Lux in the end, I got somehow attached to her spoiler[and would rather Kira have been with Fllay instead of Lux]

I can actually picture Kira and Lacus together as a matter of fact. (Eversince I saw that picture of them in the Japanese Newtype I have) I would rather him be with a SANE person.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3