• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime legends Box Sets

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:29 pm Reply with quote
The only set I'm waiting for is .hack//ROOTS. I think it's fair to say that it's been out long enough to be made into a boxset.

Another I KNOW I'll pick up is the Wolf's Rain boxset that comes out next month. Better than buying collection 1 and 2 >_>
B.K.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:04 am Reply with quote
I wonder if they're ever going to do Anime Legends sets for Mobile Suit Gundam. I never got to see all of the series (thanks Cartoon Network!) and when the individual DVDs were coming out, I couldn't afford them. They're going back and releasing all the U.C. series that they've done so far as Anime Legends sets except Mobile Suit Gundam.
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:28 pm Reply with quote
khimru wrote:
Mushi-Man wrote:
But I'm still waiting on Ghost in the Shell: SAC2 to get on the Anime Legends list.
I think you'll be waiting for a long time: GitS:SAC is joint release of Bandai and Manga (with strange twist: Bandai logo is shown on the box itself while Manga is shows as publisher in most in the catalogs) and Manga is not fond of rereleases for rereleases. Both boxes went for $48.99 in RightStuff's sale and I've grabbed them, but I doubt there will be Anime Legends rerelease...

Most people say that. But this is the same situation with Ghost in the Shell: SAC, and they some how got one for that. I can't get 2nd GIG any other way. The normal box set is to expensive for my pockets.

B.K. wrote:
I wonder if they're ever going to do Anime Legends sets for Mobile Suit Gundam. I never got to see all of the series (thanks Cartoon Network!) and when the individual DVDs were coming out, I couldn't afford them. They're going back and releasing all the U.C. series that they've done so far as Anime Legends sets except Mobile Suit Gundam.

Yeah, I've been annoyed by this as well. I really liked this series and I want to get a box set of it. But I haven't heard so much as a whisper of them releasing it. I wonder if there is some kind of legal issue involved. If anyone knows why this is happening please inform us.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RedSwirl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Mushi-Man wrote:
khimru wrote:
Mushi-Man wrote:
But I'm still waiting on Ghost in the Shell: SAC2 to get on the Anime Legends list.
I think you'll be waiting for a long time: GitS:SAC is joint release of Bandai and Manga (with strange twist: Bandai logo is shown on the box itself while Manga is shows as publisher in most in the catalogs) and Manga is not fond of rereleases for rereleases. Both boxes went for $48.99 in RightStuff's sale and I've grabbed them, but I doubt there will be Anime Legends rerelease...

Most people say that. But this is the same situation with Ghost in the Shell: SAC, and they some how got one for that. I can't get 2nd GIG any other way. The normal box set is to expensive for my pockets.

B.K. wrote:

Yeah, I've been annoyed by this as well. I really liked this series and I want to get a box set of it. But I haven't heard so much as a whisper of them releasing it. I wonder if there is some kind of legal issue involved. If anyone knows why this is happening please inform us.

I thought I'd surely seen a 2nd Gig thinpack at Best Buy once. According to their website though, the only 2nd Gig collection available is still the big expensive one, but Best Buy sells it at $50 which is about half the original price.

iTunes also has all of 2nd Gig as a season for the same price. According to Amazon and rightstuf, an Anime Legends set of 2nd Gig will be coming out on September 15th.

They seem to be doing that with a few anime sets like the Berserk Collection which I keep seeing at my local Best Buy for $30.

Also, I too have been looking for the original Mobile Suit Gundam. Unfortuately, from what I hear the original series was never very successful in Japan or the US which is weird given it's the original Gundam. The only way I've been able to find it so far is in individual volumes which are about $10 - $15 apiece.
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:32 pm Reply with quote
RedSwirl wrote:
iTunes also has all of 2nd Gig as a season for the same price. According to Amazon and rightstuf, an Anime Legends set of 2nd Gig will be coming out on September 15th.

Yeah, I was really excited when I saw it listed on rightstuf. You can expect me to be pre-ordering it soon. My prayers are finally answered, thank you Bandai for making all of Ghost in the Shell available for a low price.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Might as well post here:
I bought the Anime Legends version of Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd Gig but for the life of me I can't find the textless opening. I've been pinballed from person to person online trying to get some answers, so why not ask fans? Any help would be great!
wormraper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Bandai needs to get off their a$$e$ and get Code Geass and Code Geass R2 in Anime Legends sets Evil or Very Mad
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:08 pm Reply with quote
khimru wrote:
Mushi-Man wrote:

Ummmm.......
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/XduG0O6wgmuyQi8=Ja/browse/item/83983/4/0/0
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:56 am Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
khimru wrote:
Mushi-Man wrote:

Ummmm.......
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/XduG0O6wgmuyQi8=Ja/browse/item/83983/4/0/0

You do know that his post was 6 months before the set was officially released right? Rolling Eyes
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:26 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:

You do know that his post was 6 months before the set was officially released right? Rolling Eyes

Quite sorry for offending you're delicate sensibilities, NJ. Laughing
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:37 am Reply with quote
As you all talk about GitS:SAC in Anime Legends format, would some please answer my question?!? Where is the textless opening? I can't get any help from the support staff on this, and I've been trying for over two months.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:42 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
As you all talk about GitS:SAC in Anime Legends format, would some please answer my question?!? Where is the textless opening? I can't get any help from the support staff on this, and I've been trying for over two months.

Do you know if the AL set has the same discs as the single volumes? If so I can pull mine out and look for the textless songs.
EricDent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:43 pm Reply with quote
According to Amazon, the first season is 7 discs, and the 2nd season is 7 discs as well.

Is there supposed to be a "textless opening" on the set?

I know on other Anime Legends sets, they did have all the extras, because the disks are the same disks they used in the individual DVD releases (or at least I think so).

There is a note about the first season's disc 2 possibly being a "DTS" disc (due to a glitch with silkscreening the limited edition's discs backwards).
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:35 pm Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:

Do you know if the AL set has the same discs as the single volumes? If so I can pull mine out and look for the textless songs.

My understanding is they should be the same; there are seven DVDs, with episodes spaced 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-16, 17-20, 21-23, 24-26. The outer packaging says there should be a textless opening as an extra, but I haven't found it on any of the extra menus.

Oh: and this is the 2nd season, not the first (I liked it better so I bought it first).
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I just gave all seven discs of the AL set the ol' Easter Egg hunt treatment, and I couldn't find it either. I guess it was forgotten, and this guy's review blog of volume 1 of the singles mentions in the extras section that a textless opening is promised but not delivered.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3