• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Viewers Like You: I Think Therefore I Rant

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rinmackie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:50 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't going to get involved in this thread; I'm just here to defend Queen's Blade, mostly. I'm a woman and my husband and I like the show. No, it's not extremely deep as far as story goes, but it is more than just "boobs in your face". It does a have a fairly decent story to it; if it was just fanservice, we would probably quickly tire of it. And not all of the women have big boobs, there are some small breasted characters in it as well. Though there is one female whose breasts we think are way too big, but it can be overlooked. And yes, we really do watch it for the story. As for the nudity and innuendo, it just doesn't bother us at all.

As for the homosexuality debate, I'm ok with homosexuality. I'm also a yaoi fan who reads it for the entertainment. If I want reality, I'll watch a documentary.
Anime Honey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Zac your attitude towards people of a different political stripe than you needs to mature. ALOT!
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Anime Honey wrote:
Zac your attitude towards people of a different political stripe than you needs to mature. ALOT!

In this case, "mature" means "don't say how you actually feel about Republican politics and conservative thinking, you might hurt someone's feelings".

I have long since stopped caring if I upset a conservative.
Anime Honey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:31 pm Reply with quote
about "hurting" the feeling of people you disagree with. And I know it sounds trite but I think I have to quit you as I did when you were writing for AnswerMan (towards the end you were getting mean and bitter as you acknowledged.) So long and thanks for all the fish!
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Anime Honey wrote:
And I know it sounds trite but I think I have to quit you...

Wow Zac, I think you just got dumped.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:56 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Anime Honey wrote:
And I know it sounds trite but I think I have to quit you...

Wow Zac, I think you just got dumped.

If someone is so thin-skinned they can't handle the extremely mild and brief mention of how I feel about conservatives in the podcast, frankly I'd rather they didn't listen.

Politics (and I should say it's an incredible shame that what was being discussed is even considered a political issue) basically never come up on the podcast - it isn't that kind of show and I don't force them in there - but on the off chance that something like this comes up, something where I do have very strong feelings about the issue, I'm going to say what I think. I'm a proud progressive and I won't hide nor sugarcoat how I feel about issues like this one just to spare someone's feelings.

But it doesn't come up 99.9999% of the time, and I fully intend to keep it that way.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

Politics (and I should say it's an incredible shame that what was being discussed is even considered a political issue) basically never come up on the podcast - it isn't that kind of show and I don't force them in there - but on the off chance that something like this comes up, something where I do have very strong feelings about the issue, I'm going to say what I think. I'm a proud progressive and I won't hide nor sugarcoat how I feel about issues like this one just to spare someone's feelings.

But it doesn't come up 99.9999% of the time, and I fully intend to keep it that way.

Zac, I don't often agree with you, particularly your taste or views on current anime. However, the bolded part is the most intelligent thing I've seen written on this forum in a very, very long time.
arromdee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

In this case, "mature" means "don't say how you actually feel about Republican politics and conservative thinking, you might hurt someone's feelings".

It's entirely possible for something to be one's actual feelings, and immature, at the same time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 18 of 18