• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hatsune Miku & Future Stars Project Mirai Store Promo Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TC-man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:10 am Reply with quote
This Miku game is way too cute! I wish the 3DS is regio-free, because this Miku game will probably never come to the USA or EU. I can't even import the game, it will just not work with a US or EU 3DS, or I have to import the Japanese 3DS hardware too.
absurdum

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:20 pm Reply with quote
TC-man wrote:
This Miku game is way too cute! I wish the 3DS is regio-free, because this Miku game will probably never come to the USA or EU. I can't even import the game, it will just not work with a US or EU 3DS, or I have to import the Japanese 3DS hardware too.

I feel the same way, I currently own all the Project DIVA games for PSP; consequently I do not want to miss out on Mirai.
JamesFox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quote
I too want this game but it's a sad situation

Viz Media owns the US rights to Hatsune Miku but unfortunately, they are sitting on them (The US rights to Miku) as we speak and are doing absolutely nothing with it

The best way to get this game stateside is form a rally in the same passion as Op Rainfall but instead of focusing solely on JRPGs, We focus on getting getting great games like this stateside by any means necessary
Animerican14

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Seeing this video with its GSM Vocaloids was the cute equivalent to seeing a bunch of little kittens stumble over each other while wearing little top hats and ribbons. TOO CUTE.

It's no small wonder that these vocaloid models were designed by a company that calls itself Good Smile Company. They make moe dangerous and teeth-aching, yo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
domino

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Looks like the video has been removed...
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:17 am Reply with quote
JamesFox wrote:

Viz Media owns the US rights to Hatsune Miku but unfortunately, they are sitting on them (The US rights to Miku) as we speak and are doing absolutely nothing with it

The best way to get this game stateside is form a rally in the same passion as Op Rainfall but instead of focusing solely on JRPGs, We focus on getting getting great games like this stateside by any means necessary
I didn't know anyone had rights for Hatsune Miku, or any vocaloids from Crypton Future Media as they haven't released it to the world as yet. Only sold in Japan at present, but they might be set for the English version of Miku on Vocaloid3 this Spring, so wait for it. Wink
JamesFox

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
JamesFox wrote:

I didn't know anyone had rights for Hatsune Miku, or any vocaloids from Crypton Future Media as they haven't released it to the world as yet. Only sold in Japan at present, but they might be set for the English version of Miku on Vocaloid3 this Spring, so wait for it. Wink

They do own the US rights for Miku: animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-06-08/viz-named-u.s-licensor-of-hatsune-miku-merchandise

as of now, Viz isn't doing anything at all with the Hatsune Miku license not even asking Sega to bring the Miku games stateside
from their Website, all they seem to care about is their Shonen Jump manga-zine
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1