• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Continuation of Tsubasa?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tegan_9

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:42 am Reply with quote
Hey all, I just finished all 12 released Volumes of Tsubasa Resesvoir Chronicle as well as the ova's Spring Thunder and Tokyo Revelations, and the movie.

My question is are there any further episodes in production or that I have missed? There are so many questions that I have no answers for!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked GGGRRRRRRRR AARRRGGHHHH
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:56 am Reply with quote
nope if you want some kind of conclusion you have to read the manga. unfortunately considering how long its been i doubt we'll have any more anime from it.
TG72

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:35 pm Reply with quote
There may be just enough manga material for another OVA, but I'm not sure how good the odds are that will happen.

Your best bet is to watch episode 20 of Kobato!, which spoiler[has Syaoran, Fai and Kurogane pass through that world for a day. It's set after the end of the manga.]
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:40 pm Reply with quote
TG72 wrote:
There may be just enough manga material for another OVA, but I'm not sure how good the odds are that will happen.

There's enough manga for at least three more sets of OVAs, they skipped the chess world arc, Faye's past arc, and then there's the very last arc which seemed to go on for quite a while. Since it's been such a long while I doubt there will be any more however, although I will admit that I didn't like the ending as much and would prefer to forget about it completely.
Kelly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:00 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
There's enough manga for at least three more sets of OVAs, they skipped the chess world arc, Faye's past arc, and then there's the very last arc which seemed to go on for quite a while.

Since the OVAs moved on to the Nihon arc, I seriously doubt they would move backwards again to do Infinity and Celes - which must be particularly frustrating for people who don't want to read the manga but wanted to see how the gang dealt with the status quo they were handed at the end of Tokyo and finally find out what Fai's deal was (Spring Thunder gave a few references, but not nearly enough). Also doubt the final arc involving the ultimate showdown with Fei Wang will ever be animated at this point either.

At this point, I'm just still desperately hoping that the second season and OVA of xxxHOLiC will be dubbed and come to Region 1. For me, that's the priority since we actually have it animated - but the prospect of that seem grim now as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1