• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: English-dubbed Naruto Shippuden Trailer Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:31 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Bearsy wrote:
^ 16 or 60?

16, I have no idea where people got 60 from. Somebody went through the encyclopedia and dated the episodes assuming that they will remain one a week without any delays and it shows the last episode airing in mid March. But I'm confident that they'll start pushing these along quicker in January so they can get to the good stuff so much sooner.

Actually, I'm thinking they might do the opposite. Since Naruto's main viewership is the younger set, it makes sense to hold off on the premiere until they can get maximum effect from it- set it to kick off in May or June, when school gets out and the kids are re-forming their schedules for the summer. Or even wait until September.

Of course, they could also decide that the end of the first series is a good jumping-off point, and replace it with whatever they're trying to make the new hotness.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:35 pm Reply with quote
sailorsean wrote:
looks promising... can't wait!

SO am I.Glad there's a dub version for it,Unfortunately though the dub voice for the older Naruto has me concern cause people WILL be pissed if they use the same VA from the original series.Even i would have a problem hearing an older naruto with a voice for a 12 yr old.A lot of people had that issue for the uncut verision of one piece cause of that.So far that haven't made any announcements for the dub versions. I'd suspect some of them will remain,however if Saskue's voice remains the same guy that played Suzaku in CG,my best bet that the voice for the older naruto, (and the 4th in later epsiodes) should by played by JYB. some of those fangirls said thet would like that as well,probably due to the porformances of those two on CG. WOuld that be a good idea or am i nuts for suggesting the VA change?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vtnwesley

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:24 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
sailorsean wrote:
looks promising... can't wait!

SO am I.Glad there's a dub version for it,Unfortunately though the dub voice for the older Naruto has me concern cause people WILL be pissed if they use the same VA from the original series.Even i would have a problem hearing an older naruto with a voice for a 12 yr old.A lot of people had that issue for the uncut verision of one piece cause of that.So far that haven't made any announcements for the dub versions. I'd suspect some of them will remain,however if Saskue's voice remains the same guy that played Suzaku in CG,my best bet that the voice for the older naruto, (and the 4th in later epsiodes) should by played by JYB. some of those fangirls said thet would like that as well,probably due to the porformances of those two on CG. WOuld that be a good idea or am i nuts for suggesting the VA change?

I wouldn't call you nuts, but I don't agree either. I think the voices are fine. Most of the actors on the Naruto dub have the chops to scale their voice for age. Furthermore, they did use the same in the Japanese version Naruto and Shippuden. Everyone is constantly pissing and moaning about how they changed everything (they really didn't), I think keeping the voices consistent between the series would be the only logical choice.

On a personal note, I like JYB as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't not want him as Naruto. JYB is in so much stuff... He even had a small role or two in Naruto already. Can we give the guy a tiny break? I think Naruto's current actress is doing fine and she sounds a lot like the Japanese equivalent anyway. We don't need an Ichigo clone.

Update: misread, correction
braves

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:38 am Reply with quote
vtnwesley wrote:
Aside from him not fitting the roll and Yuri doing a great job, JYB is in so much stuff... He even had a small role or two in Naruto already. Can we give the guy a tiny break?

I stopped watching the filler on TV at around 196, but JYB has about 4 (minor) roles in Naruto from what I can remember. So yeah, he is in just about every dub that comes out of California.

Any who, I agree that the same VA's should be kept for the rest of the series. Just for consistency's sake. Not to mention that they're already doing a good job.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mrsticky005

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:53 am Reply with quote
Actually, I'm thinking they might do the opposite. Since Naruto's main viewership is the younger set, it makes sense to hold off on the premiere until they can get maximum effect from it- set it to kick off in May or June, when school gets out and the kids are re-forming their schedules for the summer. Or even wait until September.

No offense or anything. But I think that's a pretty bad idea.
May or June? That's six or seven months from now.
Naruto fans are NOT going to want to wait that long especially
not "the younger set" who probably want it as soon as possible.
Everyone knows the fillers aren't Naruto at it's best and they're
really not suppose to be that good (that's why they're fillers).
If they drag the fillers out too much they will lose viewers.
Heck, they probably already are loosing viewers with the changed timeslot, one episode per week with constant skipping, and not to mention the fillers themselves. The sooner they get to Shippuden the better it will be for everyone.
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:01 pm Reply with quote
mrsticky005 wrote:
Quote:

No offense or anything. But I think that's a pretty bad idea.
May or June? That's six or seven months from now.
Naruto fans are NOT going to want to wait that long especially
not "the younger set" who probably want it as soon as possible.

Everyone wants everything they want, and wants it all right now. The question is not whether or not they WANT to wait, but whether or not they'll do it anyway.

Fans are like that, they say one thing with their mouth and a completely different one with their wallets, and then they wonder why no-one ever listens to what they say. In the old-school Sailor Moon fandom, people would go up one end of the dub and down the other, using language that would make the heroines of the series blush beet red and run for cover. But one thing no-one ever said, or acted upon, was "I'm never watching this again!" I know at least one person who DID act on that unspoken sentiment implicitly, but it wasn't the show that caused it- it was the endless yelling and screaming from the fans.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:39 am Reply with quote
vtnwesley wrote:

I wouldn't call you nuts, but I don't agree either. I think the voices are fine. Most of the actors on the Naruto dub have the chops to scale their voice for age. Furthermore, they did use the same in the Japanese version Naruto and Shippuden. Everyone is constantly pissing and moaning about how they changed everything (they really didn't), I think keeping the voices consistent between the series would be the only logical choice.

On a personal note, I like JYB as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't not want him as Naruto. JYB is in so much stuff... He even had a small role or two in Naruto already. Can we give the guy a tiny break? I think Naruto's current actress is doing fine and she sounds a lot like the Japanese equivalent anyway. We don't need an Ichigo clone.

Update: misread, correction

Not susprised.But the reason why i suggested the idea was because of those dub bashers complaining about how the dub voice for naruto is too girly and too young and having it on the older one won't make sense.It was the same thing with the Funi version of Luffy's voice.

Also it's those fangirls that would want to see those two(JYB and that guy who played as saskue),not me. Even I have to agree with you about not needing another ichigo clone,but it makes sense to please all fanbasaes.[/b]

But other than JYB,there's othes.One is Vic Migonana,since he did some voice work on bleach and A LOT OF the fangirls love him(especially my sister) on FMA and as Tamaki on Ouran High School or Eric Vale since naurto is becoming more and more like ero-senin and he did one hell of a job in Desert Punk, and since some funi VA are in the naruto TV version,it makes sense to have the main VA be in the series.Now that announcement would turn some heads and drop some jaws.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2