• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Zettai Karen Children Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbobot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Did not expect this show to get licensed. Would have thought it missed it's window for that, but in comes Sentai to save the day. I really did like the show when it was airing and thought it had some great humor. But I'm not entirely sure if it's a show that I'd really care to own. We'll see.

Now what would really make me happy is to see an announcement for a 2nd season.
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Great License and would love to see Sentai get a couple more older titles while they are at it.

This continues to be the Season of Sentai. I feel the tides are changing in the world of Licensing Anime. If Sentai win the Court Battle and have a good year then i see them becoming the new King!

All Hail Sentai Razz
Kicksville

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Weird, I too was just thinking about this show again recently and how I should probably give it another look.

Someone's a fan of Takashi Shiina...
Taiyz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:51 pm Reply with quote
I don't get the name change. I mean, the characters say the name during the actual show, many times, don't they? How are they going to subtitle that, then?

Translating the name into English would've been a bad idea, I agree, but they released Akane Iro ni Somaru Saka, Koihime Musou, Nyan Koi! and Uta~Kata (with Un-Go on the way) without translations or name changes, so I don't see why they thought ZKC wouldn't work.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Taiyz wrote:
I don't get the name change. I mean, the characters say the name during the actual show, many times, don't they? How are they going to subtitle that, then?

Translating the name into English would've been a bad idea, I agree, but they released Akane Iro ni Somaru Saka, Koihime Musou, Nyan Koi! and Uta~Kata (with Un-Go on the way) without translations or name changes, so I don't see why they thought ZKC wouldn't work.

The American companies often have very little, if any say, in what the title is called. All naming decisions are ultimately at the discretion of the original license holder. It wouldn't surprise me if this was one of the better options for a title, considering what I've heard has been floated for other series.
mad mac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Oh man I didn't think this would ever get licensed. I like the manga a lot more then the anime but it's a fun show. Besides, I already own Ghost Sweeper so I might as well complete my Takashi Shiina collection.
Mirri

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:08 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
YESYESYESYES! My favorite anime series EVER!!! Coming to America! I will buy every single DVD~ Maybe this will get the studio to release a second season~

BUT WHAT THE HELL?! PSYCHIC SQUAD?! Just call it "Totally Lovely Children" or "Zettai Karen Children" or something!!!

Sounds a little bit... errhm... Read it out loud. Say it to a friend who's not interested in anime. Ask them what they think.

I was thinking Totally Lovely Children or Absolutely Lovely Children too, but it... sounds better in your (my) head than it does out loud.

How about "Totally Psychics!"? lol.

I... don't know how I feel about Psychic Squad, but at least it doesn't sound incredibly pedo-y.
mad mac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Psychic Squad is a remarkably bland name but it at least gets the nature of the series across well enough. "Absolutely Lovely Children" is one of those titles that makes perfect sense in the context of the series but gives completely the wrong impression to people who are unfamiliar with it. I can't really fault the change if only because I don't have a better suggestion.
loka

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Terrible, terrible name.

Shame on those who have not heard of this title.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:31 pm Reply with quote
For a second there I thought I read Zettai ShonenShocked. Now that's one I'd like to see picked up by somebody.
Taiyz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Agreed, Zettai Shounen was an endearing little title.

Mirri wrote:
How about "Totally Psychics!"? lol.
Hahaha, you know what, I know you were just joking, but I actually really like that.

It's kind of like Media Blaster's Ah My Buddha, except witty.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
minirop

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:49 pm Reply with quote
ho shit ! I will be able to appreciate the anime AND the manga (yeah, it got licensed in French <3)
TnKtRk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Now GS Mikami won't be so lonely on the wall.

As for the title, how bout:

Totally Bodacious Psychic Squad!
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:03 pm Reply with quote
TnKtRk wrote:
Now GS Mikami won't be so lonely on the wall.

As for the title, how bout:

Totally Bodacious Psychic Squad!

Are there enough miniskirts for that?
mad mac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Are there enough miniskirts for that?

Heh. It is, in fact, all miniskirts all the time. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4