• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[UK] anime releases not licensed / released in N. America

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnowWarren

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Outlaw Star in English on Blu ray for the first time in the UK.

Quote:
Outlaw Star will be released as a Limited Collector’s edition Blu-ray set from 5th December. Expect to see listings appearing on retailer sites very soon.

The set will coming in Collector’s packaging, with the entire series (26 episodes) contained over four Blu-ray discs. (For those of you who like the technical information, it’s four BD50 discs.) Also included in the set will be a 100-page “Building a Universe” art book, that has not been produced in English anywhere before. It contains Line Arts, Image Boards and Mecha & Props.

On-disc content includes:

- The entire series (26 episodes) over four Blu-ray discs in English and Japanese with English subtitles
- Extras: Clean Opening and Closing title sequences, Character Design Galleries, Mechanical Design Galleries, Character Color Setting Gallery, TV Commercials and the Pilot Film.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:59 pm Reply with quote
^OMFArceus! That is a damn damn damn very super sexy set on bluray of one of my favorite animus ever (and my gateway drug)! Get on it, Funi, release a set over here NOW! I don't have a region free bluray player!
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:59 pm Reply with quote

I'm sorry about that, classicalzawa. Worry not though. The licensor disclosed the following information about the release:
Quote:
It's not an Ultimate, what it is though is as below:

• 4 BDs like the Japanese release, same transfer, with sub and dub added.
  • All 26 episodes
  • Collector's Packaging as in Japan, with digi instead of Amaray
  • 100 page artbook
  • Before any other territory in Europe or the USA or Australia

On disc extras:

• Pilot Film (duration: 1 min 56secs)
  • Title-Free Opening 1
  • Title-Free Opening 2
  • Title-Free Ending 1
  • Title-Free Ending 2
  • Character Design Gallery 1
  • Character Design Gallery 2
  • Mechanical Design Gallery
  • Character Colour Setting Gallery
  • TV Commercials

RRP: £59.99

A positive hint exists in the use of the word before. I quite doubt that these shores will contain Starwind et al for long.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SnowWarren

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Anime Limited have stated whose authoring their Outlaw Star Blu ray.
http://sailormoonforum.com/download/file.php?id=36041
lem

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Went through all the pages on this thread and visited the Anime Limited site but I didn't see anything linking this or I missed it altogether? At any rate, I've been waiting to see this for a while now (and haven't found anything for the upcoming NA release from GKids yet, so...).

Posted smaller thumbnail pics in lieu of the over sized stock images that are viewable at Amazon UK.

Info and trailer from Production I.G

Miss Hokusai (Standard Edition DVD)

Miss Hokusai (Standard Blu-ray)

Miss Hokusai Collector's Edition (Dual Format)(Blu-ray)
Quote:

Product Description
Set in 1814 Edo (now known as Tokyo), a much accomplished artist of the time works tirelessly in his house-atelier. He is as short-tempered and sarcastic as he is brilliant, with no passion for money or meaningless pastimes like drinking. His name is Katsushika Hokusai and decades later his work would come to mesmerise Degas, Van Gogh, Monet, Klimt and Debussy.

But very few were aware of the woman who often painted for him while remaining uncredited. This is the untold story of O-Ei, Master Hokusais daughter, a free-spirited woman overshadowed by her larger-than-life father. She inherited both his stubbornness and his talent, and her art is so powerful that it leads her to trouble

The feature is presented in Japanese with English subtitles.

Extras:

Collector's Edition Packaging
120 minute making of Documentary
Special Interview with Director Keiichi Hara
Art Cards
Art book
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:30 pm Reply with quote
I think it's likely this will get a NA release, but it is nice to know there is a cheap alternative out there (for those of us with all-region capability) if it doesn't. I saw this on the big screen and I can't say it knocked my socks off, but I wouldn't mind trying a reappraisal at home.
lem

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I think it's likely this will get a NA release... ...I can't say it knocked my socks off, but I wouldn't mind trying a reappraisal at home.

that was my understanding too, but I've yet to see any links to order from.

Revisits. I've found those can be pretty rewarding when all my ducks are in a row (well rested, I did a little homework on the title) Or downright aggravating when it just confirms what I already knew (wasn't for me).

Now knowing that it didn't knock your socks off has me lowering my expectations. Which is okay because I tend to enjoy reading the articulate writing that you and others here are always kind enough to post regarding what you've viewed. I mean, good to know, thanks.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:00 pm Reply with quote
This is definitely a case where I can imagine a rewatching might be beneficial. Many times, I feel pretty confident in what my original opinion was, but not in this case. As you indicate, there are external factors that can have an impact. Although I don't expect I'll have quite the radical re-evaluation I did with a (non-anime) film called Breaking the Waves. I watched it and thought the ending was absolutely terrible. Then, within 24 hours, without rewatching the film, I did a complete about face and decided the ending was the perfect one for that movie. Or Requiem for a Dream - I came out of that film actually angry that it got made, wondering what was the point of dragging viewers through a story of such unrelieved misery. Then a while later I rewatched and decided I loved it. Go figure.
SnowWarren

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Anime Limited has tweeted that it had acquired the series Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club for DVD and Blu-ray in 2017.

(This is the first season of the Free! series - Anime Limited had previously acquired the second season, Free! Eternal Summer.)

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-10-27/anime-limited-acquires-free-iwatobi-swim-club/.108187

Unboxing Gundam Reconguista in G.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9