• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tenchi Spinoff Seikishi's 2nd Teaser Trailer Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadow_s_Writer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:55 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I love when AstroNerdBoy returns to ANN just to defend his hero Kajishima's awful third Tenchi OVA. It's the only thing he ever does here. You didn't even comment on his new work.

Sorry, it's just that, how can I expect anything else Kajishima to do be any good when he's so obviously lost it? GXP was bad enough as it is, but after that third Tenchi OVA, it's become clear that Kajishima is lost in his own self-induldgent garbage, and it's sad to see what was once a very creative man fall so low. And so far, the trailers for this new thing have failed to spark any interest in me. I never even really liked Dual! all that much.

But you are right in that I haven't let up on the third OVA and should probably just let it go.

As I told other penguintruth, now I will tell you. If you don't like it then write your own . It is the only way you can experence the problems of creating a world in fiction.

K-sensei has worked on his world model for over twenty years, and it is very complicated, so when he writes a few short works, like OVA 3, naturally he would be unable to express the complete story in the time available. Remember K-sensei has alway stated that the Tenchi series was about the background, not the plot line. The materal he did show was therefore the important stuff, not the action scenes that most writer pad their Anime scripts with.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:11 am Reply with quote
Shadow_s_Writer wrote:
K-sensei

Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ArthurFrDent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:46 pm Reply with quote
watch if you like it, don't watch if you don't.

it isn't that hard...
evangegnave

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:51 am Reply with quote
AstroNerdBoy wrote:
Um, who said Kajishima was my hero? I love it when the people who despise Kajishima ignore my own criticisms of the man because I dare to defend him at all. Nope, to these people I'm CLEARLY promoting how wonderful he is, how god-like he is, how OVA 3 is the best anime in the universe, etc. I never do any such thing, but haters can only see hate and nothing else.

Does that mean you've stopped being the perennial undiscriminating PR man for every Kajishima product, especially those distributed by FUNimation or likely to be acquired by them? People might start thinking you're on their payroll. There's a reason penguintruth, and many others, think that Kajishima is your hero if not god. If you can't see why that's the case, better take another look.

Quote:
Take Phantom Menace. Before this movie came out, Jedi were just chumps in my mind. As a kid, no one wanted to be a Jedi (after Star Wars came out) and no one wanted a light saber in our playground. Everyone wanted a blaster like Han Solo.

Quote:
So, while Phantom Menace had a lot of flaws (and when I watch the DVD, I always skip the pod race), I recognize the pluses to, which is something those that railed against it cannot or will not do.

I fail to see how you coming to terms with how in your childhood you were forced to play Jedi against your will, and later found a feel-good rationalization to finally get over that after watching TPM, says anything about the movie's artistic value.

Quote:
This ties in with OVA 3. There are plenty of interesting, positive things in the series. I have stated them over and over but of course those who have just poo-poo'd the series don't want to hear that. They'd rather wallow in misery and a few act like they are on a personal quest from God to make sure everyone knows how terrible Kajishima is, GXP is, and OVA 3 is, therefore avoid Kajishima's new product because it will surely stink too.

Perhaps they have more of a problem with you repeating yourself over and over not unlike a cultist, than with those very few positive things that could be said about OVA 3.

Quote:
My remarks weren't just targeted at you (and I know you realize this), but all those who just can't get over it and move on. I don't care if it is an anime, movie, TV series, or what, NOTHING justifies harping about how terrible it was years after the anime, movie, or TV series are over. It is something to be forgotten and for you guys, it should NOT matter that there are people who like it. It is not you guys concern. Smile

Thank you for yet another attempt to try to get those who justifiably hated OVA 3 to shut up, so you'd be free to repeat your promotional mantras ad infinitum without opposition. At least here you can't ban those who oppose your views, like you have at some Tenchi forums.

[Yes, but when you come all this way just to attack another user, break our rules, and add nothing of value to our forum... guess what, I'll ban you. -t]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2