• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Favorite Anime Intro and Ending Song!!!

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daiyoukai Ramza

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:35 am Reply with quote
Well, it's been a little over a year since I posted in this thread, so I think it's time I made a little update to my initial choices. There are quite a few that were on my previous list(s), but also some new ones, of course. First the OPs...

Lilium (Elfen Lied) - All five versions of this song (Normal, Saint, MOKA, Music Box, and Ron's) are quite beautiful. This one was on my previous list, but I did find the "Ron's Mix" version in the intervening time.
the WORLD (Death Note) - The music's catchy, the lyrics are neat, and I love the animation that accompanies it. Another repeat
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni) - The first time I listening to this OP, I thought it sounded kind of... eerie, I guess. However, that's exactly why I like it. It was on my previous list.
Tabi no Tochū (Spice and Wolf) - Still beautiful and calming. Another repeat from the last time.
Kiseki no Umi (Record of Lodoss War TV) - A hauntingly beautiful song... it was the first anime OP that really made an impression on me. Again, a repeat...
Little Wing (Scrapped Princess) - It's catchy, has nice lyrics, and conveys a sense of adventure. It's also pretty much the most upbeat OP I like. Is there an echo in here? Repeat, repeat, repeat...
Hakanaku mo Towa no Kanashi by UVERworld (Gundam 00 Season 2) - The replacement for Ash Like Snow, which was also from Gundam 00. It just sort of 'clicked' with me.
Naraku no Hana (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai) - I like this one even more than the first season's OP. The lyrics, the music, the accompanying animation... everything is great.
Hishoku no Sora (Shakugan no Shana Season 1) - Mostly because it's catchy as heck.
JOINT (Shakugan no Shana Season 2) - Out of the two SnS OPs on this list, this one is my favorite. Catchy music and lyrics, plus the animation accompanying it is pretty nifty.
Innocent Sorrow (D. Gray Man OP 1) - Awesome Song. It not only got me interested in D. Gray Man, one of my favorite Shounen series, it also piqued my interest in Abingdon Boys School.
Red Fraction (Black Lagoon) - I like it mainly for the music itself. The Engrish lyrics are pretty amusing, though.
Raison D'etre (Claymore) - Probably my favorite song by Nightmare, so of course it gets a spot.
PSI-Missing (To Aru Majutsu no Index) - Hmm, it's a weird song, but in a good way. In any case, it's one of my current favorites.
Masterpiece (To Aru Majutsu no Index) - I didn't really like it at first, but after listening to it about three or four times, it grew on me. Now I'm not entirely sure which of the TAMnI OPs I like better.

That's it for the OPs. Next comes the EDs.
The Real Folk Blues (Cowboy Bebop) - The first anime ED I really enjoyed. As such, it will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart.
Gravity (Wolf's Rain) - The lyrics and the animation of the running wolf just mesh well, for me... not that I don't enjoy the song sans the running wolf, because I do.
My Will (Inuyasha) - If there's one thing from the Inuyasha anime that I can still stand to watch, other than the movies, it's this song. It's a very beautiful song, in my opinion.
Dancing in the Velvet Moon (Rosario + Vampire) - I may have dropped R+V a long time ago, but that doesn't make this song any less catchy.
Guilty Sky (Claymore) - Anime where I like both the OP and ED are rare. It's just a very catchy song, with nice music and lyrics.
Strength (Soul Eater ED 4) - Yet another Abingdon Boys School song. It caught my interest immediately, which is odd for an ED. Although, it is Abingdon Boys School, so that was probably a factor. Anyways, it's one of those songs that makes me want to check out the series its for, like Lillium for EL, Innocent Sorrow for DGM, and a few others.
drazed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:47 am Reply with quote
Well, I would say 'Trust You by Yuna Ito' from Gundam 00 is really nice.. And also 'Sky Chord Otona ni Naru Kimi he by Tsuji Shion' from Bleach.. Really nice songs there.. I've got more like 'Kaze no Tabibito by Fureai' from Prince of Tennis;'Namida no Mukou by Stereopony' from Gundam 00 also;'Hoshi no Tobira by Satori Negishi' from Gundam Stargazer; 'Being by Kotoko' from Shakugan no Shana and blah blah... Itll b endless if I continue but for now, I enjoy this two the most... Very Happy
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:47 am Reply with quote
So far my favourite OP song is "Zen" by Attack Haus for Otogi Zoshi - Heian Arc. The vocals for the first half are fairly gentle then it suddenly switches to a harsher, more guttural sound. I love the lyrics, "Go, go, slash through the sunset!" Ha ha, doesn't sound very "Zen" to me, but I like it!

Fav EN song: Rock the L.M.C. by LM.C for Red Garden. It's got a cool hip-hop vibe (even though that's not the kind of sound I normally like being a square, middle-aged, white dude).
eyeresist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:05 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
It's got a cool hip-hop vibe (even though that's not the kind of sound I normally like being a square, middle-aged, white dude).

Funney how good anime songs gets you enjoying music styles you always thought you'd hate Wink
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:20 am Reply with quote
Favorite OP:
"Megumeru" by eufonius (Clannad)
"Sakura Saku" by Megumi Hayashibara (Love Hina) (now that the "do de do ... do de do" is in your head, good luck getting rid of it)

Favorite EN:
"Anata ga Ita Mori" by Jyukai (Fate Stay/Night)

Favorite IN: (heh... sorry, just has to be done)
"God knows..." by Aya Hirano (MoSH)
Newshawk

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:39 am Reply with quote
It's going to be a challenge because there are so many good, even great songs in anime out there but I'm going to limit myself to three OPs and EPs, so here goes...

For OPs, my big three (for now) would have to include:

Shooting Star by KOTOKO from Please Teacher. It was the first anime series I ran across a few years back that I watched straight through and it knocked me out. The OP fit the story and has a haunting quality that sticks with me even today.

Nageki no Rosario by JAM Project for Gravion. You just gotta love this throwback to 80's power pop, and if you've seen any of the concert video performances they have done of this song, it's obvious they have a ton fo fun singing it which translates into fun listening to it.

Yuudachi by Shikao Suga from Boogiepop Phantom. I may just have to say this is my all time favorite OP, although I did not fall "head over heels" for the song until I saw the concert video of the full version. It turned me on to Suga, and I've come to just love his work-check out Kono Yubi Tomare and try NOT to smile!

As for EPs...

Yume no Tamago by Ichiko Hashimoto and Mayumi Hashimoto for RahXephon. Hauntingly beautiful and so suited for this fascinating and frustrating (to me, after one viewing) series.

Wing by Yoko Takahashi for Ah! My Goddess. Just a fun song that supports the story line and gives you a good feeling even though the show is over, plus the bass line is killer!

Mahoro de MAMBO by Triomatic for Mahoromatic-Automatic Maiden. Aw, c'mon! How could you not love this little ditty!
ninjapet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:14 am Reply with quote
Openings

Super Driver - TMoHS (by Aya Hirano) I find this opening to be upbeat, plus the opening animation for it rocks.

Shichitenhakki Shijou Shugi- Hayate no Gotoku! (by KOTOKO) This has to be one of the best opening for Hayate no Gotoku! both seasons. It's techno mixed with some other stuff but it sounds great.

Rumba Rap - Goku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei(It's done by despair-sensei and like half the class? ) I just like the animation used in the opening. Plus the song it self is pretty interesting just really depressing

Ending

I don't really have a fav ending, in less you count Hare Hare Yukai
nagato316

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:18 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
Openings

Super Driver - TMoHS (by Aya Hirano) I find this opening to be upbeat, plus the opening animation for it rocks.

This one's on my list of fave OPs as well. Also, it just dawned on me how much Super Driver almost sounds like a "Lost My Music Part 2." I've actually started singing the lyrics to Lost My Music to Super Driver and vice versa the past few days just for a larf...I'm guessing it's just a matter of time before the Nico Nico guys mash these two songs up; I'm surprised they haven't already (unless Lantis put a preemptive kibosh on this).

My other fave OPs right now are Tank! from Cowboy Bebop (Best. Spy Theme-Reminiscent. Song. Ever.) and the OP for R.O.D. the TV, a nice cross between 70s funk and 90s breakbeat.

ninjapet wrote:

I don't really have a favorite ending, unless you count Hare Hare Yukai

Of course we do...One Million Billion Zillion YouTubers can't be wrong! Wink Seriously, my fave EDs are the aforementioned Haruhi Season 1 ED and Over the Sky from Last Exile--so very tranquil and breathtaking.
Flame-G102

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:50 pm Reply with quote
a few favorites of my own are,
Openings:

Gessaki - from Nightwalker, (sung by Atsushi Sakurai of Buck-Tick) I cant quite put my finger on it, but its moody and slow pace are somewhat relaxing. Sakurai's low and smooth tone also probably make it so. then near the end, the guitar kicks in more, and the song gets more awesome.

Raison d’être- from Claymore, (by Nightmare)

Endings:
Genesis of Next- from Cyborg 009 (sung by Globe) It's melody is really quite upbeat an inspiring I think. Though I prefer the TV version, which has slight edits to the song, which IMO, sound nice.

Danzai no Hana~Guilty Sky - (by Riyu Kosaka) This song just captivated me instantly. It was so well, "epic" sounding. I play this often on my MP3 player.
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:40 am Reply with quote
I've got a new one to add to my list,
Kaze no Ao, Umi no Midori (Brigadoon OP). I hear so many OPs that sound very similar, namely like J-Pop, and while I don't have a problem with J-Pop, it's just so common for openers that I like it when it sounds nothing like J-Pop. In fact, most of my favorite OP and ED themes seem to sound nothing like J-Pop. I'll admit, the visuals itself in the OP are actually rather plain, but the song is just a delight for me to listen to.
happymoose

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:52 am Reply with quote
snip

Last edited by happymoose on Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:51 am Reply with quote
Last Regrets - Kanon 2006 (Key & Ayana) - I realy like this song, just hearing it reminds me of how I enjoyed the series and is just a lovely song.

Marionette - Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (I guess the cast) - There are some great songs in the series but I like this one the most, one reason is is sounds innocent but the Marionette refference is to someone being hung.

Pre-Parade - Toradora - Rie Kugimiya The other ones are good too but I like this one because it has Taiga showing how tough she is. Just listening to it now I find myself moving around because of the music. The images are cool plus Rie Kugimiya is a ausome singer.

Ringo Biyori - Spice and Wolf - Rocky Chack It is realy pleasent to the ears, I can sing along to it since it is english, and captures the traveling aspect of the series which I like.

Hare Hare Yukai - TMOHS - Aya Hirano There is just something about this song, I don't know what it is but it is great, even people who have not seen the anime have been known to like it and its dance moves. There is also a few varients with altered lyrics like Kyon complaining about Haruhi in a more country music and his sister wanting to have fun with Kyon.
Johnny_Astro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:50 am Reply with quote
Astrosexy By M-flo feat. CHEMISTRY

The song was used for the intro to the newer Astroboy anime if I remember correctly.
Chill Winterheart

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Opening would be "Blue of wind, Green of Sea" in Brigadoon Marin to Melan. It starts out in a capella and the chorus is haunting and has an old, Celtic feel to it.

Closing.... would be Naruto's Kimi wo Monogatari [did I get that right? hahaah]
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Favorite Opening is "Grain" for Monster. It sets the mood well.

Favorite Ending is "For The Love of Life" by David Sylvian, also for Monster. It also sets the mood really well!

There are probably other openings and endings that I enjoy. But I really like Monster's opening and first ending. Instead of being flashy pop tunes, they set the mood. Not that the flashy pop openings and endings can't be good...
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 17