• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Favorite Anime Intro and Ending Song!!!

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pws_37

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Already pointed out by others, but "Kuusou Rumba", "Ringo Mogire Biimu!" and "Hito Toshite Jiku ga Bureteiru" from Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei for my favorite opening(s). These songs with the opening animations exist on a higher plane than anything else I've seen in anime. Rich and bleak. Kenji Otsuki is outstanding. Doesn't hurt to have Marina Inuoue and Yuu Kobayashi in the backup, but the whole collection of voices of the Zetsubō Girls is key to making it go (tones of innoncence and Kobayashi's raw yells). Actually I came across this because I searched Inuoe and Kobayashi on YouTube because I liked some of their other work--Maria Holic and Haganai.

So best ending? I'll give something totally opposite from the openings. "Yokan" from Red Data Girl. Masumi Ito sings beautifully. Her vocal style gives new meaning to the term "vowel sounds" (Rolling Stones reference if you did not know) since she sounds the vowels so clearly and hides the consonants. The versions on YouTube are not good quality. They over emphasize the base and have some distortion lending a "wall of sound" effect. The best version I've heard is on Hulu. The anime is not as good as the song, but you can't have everything.
yuna49

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:42 am Reply with quote
I'm now working my way through the last third of the remarkable HJyouge Mono, so I thought I'd put in a good word for its ED, "Kizuna" by Saito Yuki. This is a song in the "samba" styling with a very lilting melody and a nice swaying beat during the bridge. Imagine Astrud Gilberto singing an ED, and you'll get the idea. There are no legal sites that I can list where you can see or hear "KIzuna," so you're on your own.
Vantal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:33 pm Reply with quote
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 17 of 17