• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2008-12-03

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:11 am Reply with quote
Umai_Mouri wrote:
Omg, kevin. Anime hyper

I support Nina crossplaying. I'm sure she'll look as good as one of the Takarazuka ladies.

I dunno, she looks great but it's still obvious that she's a girl Anime smile + sweatdrop

I'd like to share this one. It's Hei from Darker than Black. I can't find the pic without the mask, but the person in the pic is definitely a girl.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
trescaballeros

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:21 am Reply with quote
I think I can somehow relate to this one. I crossplayed two bish-types and not once did I get the fangirls' attention. For one character, I had some of them hug me (in an endearing way, not the aggressive glomping, though), and the other....one girl actually thought I was a guy and said I was cute until someone told her I'm a girl....but I guess it was because of the hair (I cut it real short).
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:38 am Reply with quote
Excellent comic. I love how Kevin's expression develops in the last three panels – I think anyone who takes a gander at those will know exactly what's going on in his bespectacled head. Razz Good work!
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:52 am Reply with quote
NamaeX wrote:
Nah, I think he wants the opportunity to kiss Nina.
Then all he need do is hang the obligatory mistletoe over her at Christmas. Wink
Si-MoN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:45 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Kevin's got issues.

- I think I got issues.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:28 pm Reply with quote
It's official, Kevin's a perv XP
wangyamaki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:29 pm Reply with quote
I think kevin is one of those perverts... Smile
konkonsn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:35 pm Reply with quote
jetz wrote:
Umai_Mouri wrote:
Omg, kevin. Anime hyper

I support Nina crossplaying. I'm sure she'll look as good as one of the Takarazuka ladies.

I dunno, she looks great but it's still obvious that she's a girl Anime smile + sweatdrop

Yeah, but you should see "women" in Kabuki plays. I read somewhere that those actors were often times considered the height of femininity. I guess that article meant more that their actions were feminine. I've seen a Kabuki play, and that's no woman. Wink
Richard J.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:57 pm Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
... with the subs on over the dub?
I'm sorry, maybe my brain's tired from essay writing but what exactly do you mean? Seriously, I don't understand the meaning of this comment.
animem@ster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
dtm42 wrote:
Kevin's got issues.
Of the latest yuri monthly.

mmmmm hmmmm Anime catgrin
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Crossplay: Fangirls Dream, Males secret desire.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:49 am Reply with quote
Richard J wrote:
I once saw a teenage couple in Wal-Mart sharing a pair of pants, swear to God. That's just too damn far.)
I'll say! Couldn't they afford a pair each? Those pants must have been supersized and all! Big enough for Humpty Dumpty! Imagine two kids walking down the isles together in one giant pair of knickers! I blame the parents.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Richard J wrote:
I once saw a teenage couple in Wal-Mart sharing a pair of pants, swear to God. That's just too damn far.)
I'll say! Couldn't they afford a pair each? Those pants must have been supersized and all! Big enough for Humpty Dumpty! Imagine two kids walking down the isles together in one giant pair of knickers! I blame the parents.

Okay, the comment about Humpty Dumpty made me laugh, but you have a valid point. Still, I wonder how more than one person could fit into normal sized pants? The new generation of people never ceases to amuse me, that much is certain indeed.
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Richard J wrote:

Yet another language issue, where "pants" and "knickers" mean different things in the UK versus the US. Back in the day when elephant-leg jeans were popular, you probably could fit two skinny teenagers in one large pair of trousers. But they would have problems walking.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5