• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Buried Treasure - Grey: Digital Target

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greboruri

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:41 pm Reply with quote
reanimator wrote:
I do. As long as it has not released in DVD format, domestic or import, I would be interested.
The film was released on DVD as "Grey - Cible Digitale" by Kaze in France around 2001. Japanese dialogue with a French dub and I think it had French subtitles. EDIT: full disc details including DVD screenshots can be found here.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:54 pm Reply with quote
reanimator wrote:
I'm glad that I still have Anime LD Encyclopedia (Japanese). It lists every Anime laserdiscs released in Japan from 1981 to 1997.

What's the ISBN? A friend of mine would most likely be interested in obtaining a copy.
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:27 am Reply with quote
Greboruri wrote:
The film was released on DVD as "Grey - Cible Digitale" by Kaze in France around 2001. Japanese dialogue with a French dub and I think it had French subtitles. EDIT: full disc details including DVD screenshots can be found here.

Nice find. The extras look pretty darn good for a film this age too. Unfortunately, judging by the one screenshot of the actual film, the compression looks pretty rough.

Still, better than nothing. Though honestly, I starting to wonder if my VHS cap would be just as good.
TokyoGetter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Is the person who writes this column stalking me?

I bought one of the Grey collections for a buck at Planet Anime in 2004 and it was the first full series that I read in Japanese when I was living there. It's great, easy, good fun. Well-drawn too.

80s anime: all you needed was a tank and a girl. Smile

(Have we done Riding Bean yet?)
reanimator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:44 am Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
reanimator wrote:
I'm glad that I still have Anime LD Encyclopedia (Japanese). It lists every Anime laserdiscs released in Japan from 1981 to 1997.

What's the ISBN? A friend of mine would most likely be interested in obtaining a copy.

I got this book 10 years ago. It's out of print. I just checked Amazon Japan and it is only sold as used through third party sellers. Unfortunately, Amazon Japan can't do international shipping on 3rd party items. So I recommend buyer's agent who ships Japan-only products.

Title: アニメLD大全集 (1981-1997)
Publisher: メタモル出版 http://www.metamor.co.jp/
ISBN: 4-89595-174-x
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:14 am Reply with quote
reanimator wrote:
doc-watson42 wrote:
reanimator wrote:

I got this book 10 years ago. It's out of print. I just checked Amazon Japan and it is only sold as used through third party sellers. Unfortunately, Amazon Japan can't do international shipping on 3rd party items. So I recommend buyer's agent who ships Japan-only products.

Title: アニメLD大全集 (1981-1997)
Publisher: メタモル出版 http://www.metamor.co.jp/
ISBN: 4-89595-174-x

Thanks for the information. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2