• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Anime TV Ranking, November 17-23

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animehermit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:52 pm Reply with quote
It always makes me happy to see how much the Japanese love One Piece, its one of those anime that deserve more credit in the states.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:25 pm Reply with quote
It always makes me happy to see how much the Japanese love Nodame, its one of those unique anime that deserve more credit everywhere.
wangyamaki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:42 pm Reply with quote
WooT!! Go one piece-you sure are hanging good on a high view rate.

By the way those (cartoons) that i always see on top of the list,how come they are always on top for the best views?Is it because they are shows for when kids are in school and little kids are home watching tv-those shows become popular?Just like here in america educational shows come on and little kids hog the tv while most of the other kids/teens are in school.

Confused it has to be.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:56 pm Reply with quote
wangyamaki wrote:
WooT!! Go one piece-you sure are hanging good on a high view rate.

By the way those (cartoons) that i always see on top of the list,how come they are always on top for the best views?Is it because they are shows for when kids are in school and little kids are home watching tv-those shows become popular?Just like here in america educational shows come on and little kids hog the tv while most of the other kids/teens are in school.

Confused it has to be.

No. The first two shows are popular because they're, for the most part, slice of life family oriented shows. They're not really educational by any real means. They've also been on the air for a very long time. I know Sazae-san has been on the air since the 70s and has retained the highest ratings on an animated program since. Although, it has dipped over time, but that isn't entirely unexpected, since general ratings for everything in general has gone down.

As for Crayon Shin Chan, generally it dips in the ratings from time to time (sometimes One Piece will have better ratings). However, it is not by any means a young kids series. It's a comedy/slice of life series. Infact, it's basically the Simpsons of Japan.
kaori.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

As for Crayon Shin Chan, generally it dips in the ratings from time to time (sometimes One Piece will have better ratings). However, it is not by any means a young kids series. It's a comedy/slice of life series. Infact, it's basically the Simpsons of Japan.

eh shin chan, is more like south park? is that the actual translation of shin chan, that they show on adult swim dubed? makes me feel like their trying to Americanize shin chan . Shin chan in japan is like their version of south park.
Araki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Those shows - from Sazae to One Piece - get high ratings because their demographic is really varied in Japan, from children to adult females. The family watches together.
Unlike, say, Naruto, basically watched by male little kids.
firecrouch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:09 pm Reply with quote
kaori. wrote:
Quote:

eh shin chan, is more like south park? is that the actual translation of shin chan, that they show on adult swim dubed? makes me feel like their trying to Americanize shin chan . Shin chan in japan is like their version of south park.

The Ameican version of "Shin-Chan" is very different from the original one. In Japan "Crayon Shin-Chan" is an all-ages show, not something squarely for adults.
Pirkaf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:54 am Reply with quote
Good to see Nodame-chan. Although I prefer live action version.
Ranemoraken

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:27 am Reply with quote
Hey, is there somewhere that provides an faq to how these ratings are found?
jedimaster5000

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:08 am Reply with quote
It's obvious OP is great in Japan...come to think of it, who cares about that anime being in America, unless of course those damn 4kids are truely bankrupt, I mean mean they had that problem a while back OP in Australia started become more uncut. I rather see it on internet anyway
Hi-Chan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:24 pm Reply with quote
I know this is kind of off topic but i would like to see a list of the bottom 10 rated anime once .Just to see what is really flopping .
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:48 am Reply with quote
Ranemoraken wrote:
Hey, is there somewhere that provides an faq to how these ratings are found?

Or even just the demographic. Are they measuring everyone?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1