• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kawamori's Basquash Anime Gets Airdate, Staff, Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:13 am Reply with quote
From my understanding, this seems to be a French/Japanese co-production, though I'm unsure if there is a french studio partner working on it. I wouldn't doubt it if there was, however...

Regardless, this is turning out to be rather interesting. The main site, basquash.com, has a small teaser trailer. The song in the trailer, I'm having a hard time figuring out. It's either Dance*Man (unlikely, but a couple of his songs I've heard, he's had this tone) or Kyodai Shitamachi. I'd guess the latter.

The overall style seems to be a mixture of Music and Sports. Makes me wonder how it's going to look. Somehow, I wouldn't be surprised if they got Taku Iwasaki to do the music again, since this might seem up his ally. It seems the French really enjoy doing futuristic and science fictional concepts, which appears to be here as well.

At anyrate, I'm hoping it turns great, especially with Thomas being involved on this.
Westlo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:28 am Reply with quote
Yeah it's a French/Japanese co production, Satelight + the guys who did Oban Star-Racers.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:30 am Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
Yeah it's a French/Japanese co production, Satelight + the guys who did Oban Star-Racers.

Yeah. I actually saw a staff listing for this (apparently it was posted way too early and the person had to pull it), and many of the Art Designing and Mechanical Designs are French.
Westlo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:55 am Reply with quote
That would be by Manuloz who is french, I still have a look at his french website/blog every now and than because he seems really up to date with his information and has pics/vids up some times. He posted about Basquash ages ago on that bittorrrent site forums.
Westlo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Manuloz replied to your post on that forum and showed I was wrong here, not a co production at all.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Well, I will mostly certainly be seeing this, I'm about 3/4 the way thru Oban Star-Racers and I adore Satelight for Noein, so this is like a smaller wish for me come true!
Tsuka

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Basquash official website is launched, including trailer.
http://basquash.com/

If you read french, co-creator Thomas Romain talks about the TV series on Catsuka.com :
http://www.catsuka.com/news_detail.php?id=1228839105

You can also watch the trailer on the Catsuka Player :
http://www.catsuka.com/player.php?id=basquash_trailer
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1