• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Super-Deformed Madoka Magica Designed by Nitroplus' Yūpon

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animerican14

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:43 am Reply with quote
Yupon also did the art for the end card of episode 5.

Also GAH THOSE CHIBI EYES ARE STILL CREEPIN' ME OUT, MAN.

And another thing.... spoiler[Why did the header image have to be one of that Madoka, yo? Sure hope the new viewers won't read much into it. Razz]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:08 am Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
And another thing....

If anyone who hasn't seen the entire show decides to click on the article, then they have no right to complain about spoilers. I'm getting exasperated with people blindly reading articles they have no business reading and walking into threads where they have no business being (there).

That's not to say that we should throw out untagged spoilers in this thread or that the article shouldn't be circumspect with how it presents information. But I see nothing wrong with this article and how it has reported this news. It's about how the characters of PMMM look. Ergo, the article needs to report on that and shouldn't have to go out of its way and conceal pertinent information just to spare fools the consequences of clicking on the link.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:29 am Reply with quote
@dtm42:

Woah, chill, I'm kinda saying this in jest. I'm just thinking it's a bit funny, in its own way, that out of all the header photos that the news team/lone reporter decided to use-- ANN could've used any of the more standard character designs as front page material, really-- but instead they went with what I referred to. I was also thinking about the letter that I wrote to ANN recently asking how its staff members avoid such-and-such spoilers about such-and-such shows-- the same exact letter that appeared in the Answerman column a couple weeks ago, the one about spoilers-- and how it was the existence of this kind of maybe-spoiler image/article that helped in prompting me to write said letter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:07 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Huh, so God has swirly eyes.] I can actually see that being true.

Kyubey having swirly eyes only ups the cute factor Smile
sepherest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:53 am Reply with quote
The eyes look better than the ones on the Yu-Gi-Oh one-coins, guess Yūpon realized they need to make them go in one direction so they don't look so derpy Laughing

Animerican14 wrote:
Woah, chill, I'm kinda saying this in jest. I'm just thinking it's a bit funny, in its own way, that out of all the header photos that the news team/lone reporter decided to use-- ANN could've used any of the more standard character designs as front page material

Funny thing is they actually spoilered the other Madoka figure in the Wonfes article
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:

And another thing.... spoiler[Why did the header image have to be one of that Madoka, yo? Sure hope the new viewers won't read much into it. Razz]

spoiler[I think they are vague enough for people to think that they are alternate or joke costumes, not to mention it's hard to truly tell what's going one with the SD look to them. Now if it was a picture or screenshot from the actual show to go along with them, then that may be another matter entirely…]

I really like Yuupon's design's (and he/she can draw "regular" pretty well, too). Of course, they're going for a pretty penny, but the craftsmanship behind them seems to make it worthwhile…
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1