• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cartoon Network October Schedule

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:16 am Reply with quote
If the ratings were any good then I'm sure they'll bring it back, but merchandise wise, SEED has been something of a lemon. Not really SEED's fault though, Gundam as a whole has been dropped outright from a few retail shelves (Target is only selling at select stores now and Walmart has moved all but the SDGF figures into clearance). A lot of people bame it on G Gundams over saturation in the market, the way they released the same toys over and over again in different packaging without making the more unique figures (the ones not part of the big 5) easier to get (and in some cases nearly impossible). I like G, but I agree, Bandai really damaged the franchise in the US with G. Kids young and old just got tired of there being nothing really new out there.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:19 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Hm, just read on Gunota that apparently Cartoon Network did only order the first twenty-six episodes of Gundam SEED. Any takers on whether or not they'll actually pony up for the second half? Somehow I'm still skeptical, especially given their recent track record of only getting partial series (Kenshin, Conan, Lupin).

Yeah, but Gundam is always pretty popular. I don't think CN treats Gundam nearly as bad as you seem to think they do-the simple fact that they've poined up the dough for EIGHT different Gundam series should say something about their faith in the property. Not to mention that I have seen plenty of advertising for Seed, and it's actually the first show Toonami did a ninety second trailer for since the original run of Big O. I woulden't say they "dumped" SD Gundam considering the aired the entire thing like three or four times (don't remember how many times, since I was beyond sick of the piece of crud by the time it was taken off the air.)

My guess is that we'll see the second half of Seed in 2005.

The real question is, how will the (underrated) Christian Arc be handled?
Animated_Lady

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:02 am Reply with quote
Um, I hate to seem nit-picky, but "Megas XLR" isn't an anime. ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361201/ )

Animated Lady
Proman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:42 am Reply with quote
Vekou wrote:
Everything in the 1:30 AM slot needs to be moved one space to the right.

I agree.

Vekou wrote:
Oh, and Kenshin will be edited the same as it was. Sad

This sucks. There's absolutely no reason why ''Rurouni Kenshin" should be edited to such an extent. This a further proof that the name "Adult Swim" is a joke (or sarcasm, depending how you look at it).
okendri

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Proman wrote:
Vekou wrote:
Everything in the 1:30 AM slot needs to be moved one space to the right.

I agree.

Vekou wrote:
Oh, and Kenshin will be edited the same as it was. Sad

This sucks. There's absolutely no reason why ''Rurouni Kenshin" should be edited to such an extent. This a further proof that the name "Adult Swim" is a joke (or sarcasm, depending how you look at it).

I don't follow you. Kenshin is going to toonami where the editing policies still apply. It's not like that Williams Street and just flip a switch to unedit Kenshin. Adult Swim is not really an option for Kenshin.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Proman wrote:

Rurouni Cut-up ran on Toonami's afternoon incarnation. It's never been on Adult Swim. In fact, one or two higher-ups in charge of programming at Cartoon Network said in retrospect that they wished they had put Kenshin on Adult Swim because of the crowd it drew and (I think) the heavy editing done to make it "safe" for Toonami.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ksb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:50 pm Reply with quote
I hope CN is only waiting for more seed episodes. I think seed was the best out of all the gundam series. Through I like Kenshin I'd much rather see seed.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Well I don't care to see Kenshin unless they show it subbed and uncut, so I'll take SEED. At least SEED's dub is better than Kenshin's, and aside from Andy's gun looking like a toy, the editing isn't too bad either... I guess..
xSousukeSpikeAmonx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:46 pm Reply with quote
i kinda hate to see Seed go for now, but I bet CN will bring it back when they have the rest of the episodes edited for TV. Also, CN tries and (I think) that they can only show so much before it gets too ahead of the DVD releases. Also, Nagisa wrote:
Quote:
Hm, just read on Gunota that apparently Cartoon Network did only order the first twenty-six episodes of Gundam SEED. Any takers on whether or not they'll actually pony up for the second half? Somehow I'm still skeptical, especially given their recent track record of only getting partial series (Kenshin, Conan, Lupin).

So my guess is they will get the rest of the episodes and finish it up. Even though I'm buying it on DVD it still is nice to have some Anime to watch because I dont get Anime Network and Techtv (G4Tech) costs extra now with my cable. Techtv has 1 good Anime that is Last Exile and i have most of that on DVD and I don't really like the English voice actors for the characters don't get my wrong about Crispin Freeman (spelling), but most of them I don't like. It's hard to believe the English voice actor ofr Lavie is the same person for Robin Sena in Witch Hunter Robin. well anyways it's nice to have a littel bit of a change in the schedule. Plus, Stand Alone Complex is coming and Fullmetal Alchemist will be on soon. Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X) will be a nice change because I've never watched it all.
ALIENVAMP

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:03 pm Reply with quote
The scedule is just too weak !! They have too much scooby-doo kinda programmin, they can add more anime without cancelling the shows we enjoy!! We need another channel to compete with the CN to let them find out who there true viewers are!!!!!! Exclamation Exclamation Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Idea
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:07 pm Reply with quote
ALIENVAMP wrote:
We need another channel to compete with the CN to let them find out who there true viewers are!!!!!! Exclamation Exclamation Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Idea

Heh, their "true viewers" not only don't know what anime is, but they don't care either. We are talking about a network designed for elementary school kids.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Apparently SEED was FAR from a flop on Toonami, but its performance just wasn't mind-blowingly spectacular. I'd be surprised if they didn't get the second half of the series by next year.

Hmm, I wonder if YTV licensed the entire series or just the first half.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3