• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Final Fantasy Composer Nobuo Uematsu Praises Theatrhythm

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:39 am Reply with quote
For some reason I thought word "Praises" in the headline was "passes" and for a second I had a mini-heart attack because I thought he was dead. I need to learn to read the whole thing before letting my emotions go loose.

Other than that, I actually went "Aww" when he said he teared up while playing it (Emotions, emotions, why can't I keep you in check today? Must be the stress...)

I hope this song makes its way to Europe so that one day (when I actually own a Nintendo 3DS) I'll be able to play it.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Man it's been that long already. Well, of course he'd be teary eyed, he composed about 99% of the songs. But I know the feeling. I was just thinking of him a few days ago and wondered what he's been up to since he left SqEnix. I know he's done things but his work with the FF series was what got me into being a long time fan of his work and collector of game soundtracks. Good news to hear about the game so far. I'm looking forward to seeing more about it when their are reviews. I can't wait to have a reason to purchase a 3DS. Of course by the time I get it they'll be on a new model. Laughing
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Maybe they can port this as DLC to Guitar Hero or Rock Band. Smile
The Goron Marshall

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:49 pm Reply with quote
I like Final Fantasy, and this looks kinda fun, but I'm also not much for rhythm based games at all, not to mention that I'd also be a bit afraid of scratching my screen. And the 3DS already has enough screen scratching problems as it is.

However, I am glad to hear that Nobuo Uematsu was pretty happy with the game. Of course it was largely due to nostalgia yes, but still.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1