• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Funimation Announces Shiki English Dub Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:03 pm Reply with quote
1945113 wrote:
Finally!, Cherami Leigh is a good choice ;P I can picture it nicely

What I find weird is that they are going to release both parts on the same day...it's nice, but why aren't they spread apart? like they usually are.

Funimation has actually been doing this with most of their releases for some time, at least since Phantom was released. They only seem to spread out the volumes now if there are going to be more than two, such as FMA or DBZ.

I'm a little interested in this show, but I'm not a big fan of Mike McFarland's dubs. His work is never really bad, but I haven't heard any of his that I've really enjoyed either. I might wait to hear a bit of it before I make a purchase decision.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
My question is whether they plan to include the two bonus episodes in addition to the original 22.

I think it will.

The the listings at TRSI given in the first post of this thread give the running time of each set as three hundred minutes, which would amount, assuming twenty-five minute episodes, twelve episodes per set, thus twenty four total. That presumes that the listings are accurate, which seems likely, but that I can't unequivocally claim. I believe that past releases, such as Birdy the Mighty: Decode 02, have included OVA episodes too, so it would be consistent for the two bonus episodes to be included.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
holangjai

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:55 am Reply with quote
great, now if only viz would license and release the manga... Sad
504NOSON2
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:18 am Reply with quote
Cool! This is, by far, my favorite vampire series. It's atmospheric, brutal and absolutely telling of human nature.

Hopefully, with this dub, it also gets a North American television airing.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:23 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I don't know if that was ever true

It was true for the 4kids OP dub and Funimation had substantial hate for the Case Closed dub among the certain fanatical circles. I am not very involved with single franchise fandoms now but I do know that it has truly happened.
DieHardBleachFan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:52 am Reply with quote
Woohoo! Looks like a really solid cast and love the fact that Mike McFarland is directing it.
TopGunman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:13 am Reply with quote
Nice to see people looking forward to a dub for a change
daichi383

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:27 pm Reply with quote
More David Wald is never a bad thing Twisted Evil I approve Wink
Shenl742

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Really looking forward to this.

Watched it all on hulu and thought it was real good. Nice to see a non-romantacised portrayel of vampires for a change.
otakubaybay

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:05 pm Reply with quote
504NOSON2 wrote:
Cool! This is, by far, my favorite vampire series. It's atmospheric, brutal and absolutely telling of human nature.

Hopefully, with this dub, it also gets a North American television airing.

I agree completely. If Gurren Lagann and Fullmetal Alchemist make you feel proud to be human, then I'd say Shiki is the anime that makes you doubt that (and I mean that in a good way). And I also didn't even think about Shiki airing on TV! Adult Swim does need some new blood and Shiki would be a sensical choice, but I suppose we'll just have to see...

Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
My question is whether they plan to include the two bonus episodes in addition to the original 22.

Good point! I really, really hope they do because, while they may not have the main cast in them, they are excellent episodes that give you background you didn't even realize you wanted Smile Seeing as how Motoko's and Kanami's dub VAs are listed, I think it's likely that the OVAs are included (I can't even remember Motoko speaking in the TV series).
GinkoArt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Ikumi - Linda Young

Interesting to see she is still around, I thought she quit voice acting in favor of film.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:20 pm Reply with quote
As others have said, a fairly solid and familiar cast. "Horror, mystery, supernatural"...my interest is piqued. Was going to watch a sample of it, but ANN's licence agreement apparently doesn't allow them to show it in Canada. Sigh. Still, though, I've added it to my "remind me" list.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:18 pm Reply with quote
So it's coming. I'm going to have to rent this series if it ever makes it to any streaming service because I never really had the chance to really sit and watch this series. But I heard it's pretty scary good.
Yoda117

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:57 pm Reply with quote
W00t!!!

Can't wait to order this one.
Yoda117

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:59 pm Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
Nice to see people looking forward to a dub for a change

In the past few years, there have always been a few titles each year where people look forward to the dubs. Last year "Evangelion 2.22" and "Summer Wars" come to mind.

I have to say that the past 20 years have been amazing as far as the technolgy and technique go when it comes to ADR (both from a mixing and recording standpoint, as well as from an acting standpoint).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2