• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: English Dragonball: Evolution Trailer Officially Posted

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theonexix

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:05 pm Reply with quote
I think the movie will be great!

And i'm happy its not just like the anime. cause if you ask me. that would make the anime horrible. and too fake.

watching a guy with as mutch hair as goku ... no way.
or master roshi with his weird outfit.

I meen. in anime these kind of things all look great. but when you make a real movie. this kind of things make it look ugly as shit and very very unrealistic.

and that it doesn't exactly follow the real story of the anime... love it. atleast then I wouldn't know what will happen and stuff. so I can enjoy the movie at its best!
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:00 pm Reply with quote
theonexix wrote:
I think the movie will be great!

And i'm happy its not just like the anime. cause if you ask me. that would make the anime horrible. and too fake.

watching a guy with as mutch hair as goku ... no way.
or master roshi with his weird outfit.

I mean. in anime these kind of things all look great. but when you make a real movie. this kind of things make it look ugly as shit and very very unrealistic.

and that it doesn't exactly follow the real story of the anime... love it. atleast then I wouldn't know what will happen and stuff. so I can enjoy the movie at its best!

...you're optimistic, aren't you? You either haven't seen enough of these adaptations or you aren't jaded like any good pop culture geek ought to be. But it's OK, you're new, we'll break you in nice and gentle like.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:48 pm Reply with quote
tygerchickchibi wrote:
GATSU wrote:
Crystal: Damn, I so wanted the Japanese to insult it. Crying or Very sad Thanks for the info, too.

...I swear, you do make me wonder sometimes....

n_n; Is that healthy?

he makes me wonder sometimes too, but in the case of this movie I would want everyone to know its garbage before they see it. That way they can save their money.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:18 pm Reply with quote
britannica: Every comic book adaptation which is "authentic" to the source material tends to get positive reception and good box office returns. The ones which don't get sent to the LXG/Tank Girl $1 bargain bin.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:02 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
tygerchickchibi wrote:
GATSU wrote:
Crystal: Damn, I so wanted the Japanese to insult it. Crying or Very sad Thanks for the info, too.

...I swear, you do make me wonder sometimes....

n_n; Is that healthy?

he makes me wonder sometimes too, but in the case of this movie I would want everyone to know its garbage before they see it. That way they can save their money.

=/ .....

Don't you think that's kind of stupid?
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:52 am Reply with quote
Interesting thing I found out while on my trip in Japan, every single Japanese person that I know personally that gave their opinion about the movie said the same thing. And it wasn't in favor of the movie.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Said the same thing about what?

I mean, of course I would think there are people who wouldn't support the movie anyway. *shrugs.*

o_o to be honest, I'd just like to see the Box Office figures when it comes out.

If it's going to be pretty low, or pretty high in Japan. For some reason, I think it may be a bit inbetween.
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:17 pm Reply with quote
This movie COULD defy all first impressions and turn out to be a high-caliber work that stands side-by-side with such masterfully crafted dramatic action movies as what was, IMO, 2008's finest film, The Dark Knight, and perhaps it will make a showing at the Academy Awards.

But the chances of that happening are...

fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:22 pm Reply with quote
tygerchickchibi wrote:
Said the same thing about what?

According to all the people I talked to while in Japan, they all said that the movie is going to bomb at the box office, even in Japan. And these are people who watched it when it was first airing in Japan.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:45 am Reply with quote
I'm still gonna wait to rent & watch it when it is released to DVD, not gonna waste my money to see it at the movie theaters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 14 of 14