• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: VIZ Media Announces Unprecedented Multimedia Campaign to Provide Near Simultaneou...[2009-01-13]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:21 am Reply with quote
This is is old news I believe. We have known for weeks and months Viz is streaming same day releases of Shippuden and earlier episodes soon. The quick releases of the manga have also been in fairly recent news.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:11 pm Reply with quote
I thought Viz's multimedia campaign was to withhold releases of shows it had licensed, or really really should license by now. Nana, HachiKuro, Monster, etc.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Even if I did have the slightest interest in this show, Hulu's region restrictions would get in the way.
At least it appears this is the fault of Hulu and not Viz- CR's streaming of the same show seems to work chez moi.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:45 pm Reply with quote
definately is interesting now,especially with the manga flood.

Unfortunately Hearing nothing on the english dub version is really starting to get me worried. Is there a dub version or not????
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GaryPotter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Viz fails yet again.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:26 am Reply with quote
The previews for Shippuden on Naruto.com are dubbed. Since dub episode 208 will be shown this week or next week, I predict April is when we should start seeing the dub. I hope. Viz could at least air a dubbed episode each week until then. I heard on a Yuri Lowenthal panel in early November that they just started recording Shippuden. That means that they've been recording Shippuden for a little over 2 months.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:04 am Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:
The previews for Shippuden on Naruto.com are dubbed. Since dub episode 208 will be shown this week or next week, I predict April is when we should start seeing the dub. I hope. Viz could at least air a dubbed episode each week until then. I heard on a Yuri Lowenthal panel in early November that they just started recording Shippuden. That means that they've been recording Shippuden for a little over 2 months.

WOW. That's a long while. At least it's better late than never i guess.Hopefully it'll come either online or on CN really soon.

GaryPotter wrote:
Viz fails yet again.

Not quite.They're doing what the harcore anime fans want.Legit subs,instead of the annoying fansubs right now than later.Personally i prefer dub over the sub anyday,but this is what the core fans want,and the're getting it in spades.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:24 am Reply with quote
Yes, someone who is a fan of Naruto dubs like me.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:49 am Reply with quote
I'll be waiting for the english dub, no matter how long it takes for it to air/stream, and/or be released to DVD, since I have a policy of watching ALL anime english dubbed ONLY, which I never break, and never shall.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1