• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gia's List: The 7 Coolest Quiet Anime Characters

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:59 am Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
Zazie is debatable, because in the manga spoiler[she starts talking in one part after the magic world arc, and her sister speaks a lot too]

The list is quiet characters, not necessarily mute ones. Zazie doesn't get her first line in the manga until chapter 72. She doesn't get more than 5 sentences between then and volume 32, when she finally starts speaking in earnest. I think that qualifies as quiet.
Oraculo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:07 am Reply with quote
Man, no love for Elizabeth??? Shocked I highly question your criteria...
Anyway, number one for me has to be: Nova (Bleach) Mr. Green

"Cool" is overrated. Razz
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:15 am Reply with quote
Characters talk mile a minute: that Elf Princess Rane guy gotchabagoose, Blur from Transformers voiced by that Guiness World Record holder Micro Machine guy, and of course the old Speed Racer dub, uh-huh-huh. Laughing
Gwydion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Definitely happy to see Chane and Celty on the list! Shiina from Angel Beats also came to mind for me. As for the poll, no question it's Sana for me - subbed or dubbed, that girl is crazy awesome! One of the very few hyperactive anime talkers I actually like.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
Zazie is debatable, because in the manga spoiler[she starts talking in one part after the magic world arc, and her sister speaks a lot too]

The list is quiet characters, not necessarily mute ones. Zazie doesn't get her first line in the manga until chapter 72. She doesn't get more than 5 sentences between then and volume 32, when she finally starts speaking in earnest. I think that qualifies as quiet.

Actually, you want a "quiet" character in Negima, you have Yotsuba Satsuki. She hasn't got screen time that much (aside from several brief appearances in the Mahora Fest arc) until Chapter 349.
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Woohoo, Celty! While I liked the rest of the cast of Durarara just fine (impressive considering how many there are) Celty was the reason I watched the show. I like how they made her seem genuinely alien but at the same time sympathetic and relatable. And while I can understand why it was done, I was kind of disappointed when they started voicing her written dialogue.

Speaking of which, did the dub try giving her an accent? I was always curious about that.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Penguin_Factory wrote:
Woohoo, Celty! While I liked the rest of the cast of Durarara just fine (impressive considering how many there are) Celty was the reason I watched the show. I like how they made her seem genuinely alien but at the same time sympathetic and relatable. And while I can understand why it was done, I was kind of disappointed when they started voicing her written dialogue.

Speaking of which, did the dub try giving her an accent? I was always curious about that.

Yes. Mid-Western.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Given my avatar, I just have to cast another vote for Shion!

My favorite reticent male of late is Yaichi from House of Five Leaves, voiced by one of my favorite male seiyuu, Sakurai Takahiro.
jsieczkar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:30 pm Reply with quote
How did Watashi from The Tatami Galaxy not make the list for fastest talkers?
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Theres Mori from Ouran high school and that one girl from Zetsubou sensei who can only talk through texts ( is that considered talking?)
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:47 pm Reply with quote
yotsubafanfan wrote:
Theres Mori from Ouran high school and that one girl from Zetsubou sensei who can only talk through texts ( is that considered talking?)

Meru's on the list already.
shukero

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:24 pm Reply with quote
I know that someone will get mad at me for saying this, but I believe that selty didn't talk cause she didn't have a head right?

Just my personal opinion, so don't beat me up please! Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:33 am Reply with quote
shukero wrote:
I know that someone will get mad at me for saying this, but I believe that selty didn't talk cause she didn't have a head right?

Just my personal opinion, so don't beat me up please! Razz

Calling a technical foul cause a character has no head?

I'll allow it.
Nayu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:45 am Reply with quote
WAHAHAHAHAH~!spoiler[ See Shicchan, people love you... almost as much as I do~! Hahahahah!]

I so wish I could get Misha out of my head. But I don't think Katawa Shoujo counts as anime. Very Happy

Interesting list albeit flawed as others have pointed out. Still waiting for SNS on dvd/bd, Media Blasters....
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:05 am Reply with quote
Nayu wrote:
WAHAHAHAHAH~!spoiler[ See Shicchan, people love you... almost as much as I do~! Hahahahah!]

I so wish I could get Misha out of my head. But I don't think Katawa Shoujo counts as anime. Very Happy
There's still the possibility somebody will animate it. Probably be a doujin anime, but that's just fitting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4